RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've put my wipes in Winter Park mode as it just snowed the other day.

One question and one gripe:

Question: Is it literally just a little higher up when in "relaxed mode"? Because I kept thinking it literally comes off the windshield. But all it does is still rests on the windshield albeit a few inches above the hood.

Gripe: When I'm driving, and the windshield senses wetness... you know how it starts wiping automatically? Well, now, it does one cycle and then 20% cycle to return back to the winter park resting area lol and that is SO annoying!

Thoughts? or is my winter park mode not working the right way?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Velar L560
22 Posts
From the Owner's Manual - not sure if it will enlighten you:

WINTER PARK POSITION

CAUTION: Make sure that the wiper arms are in the winter park position before lifting the wiper blades away from the windshield. Failure to do so, may result in damage to the hood.

When the vehicle is parked, the wipers can be set to park in a higher position than normal. The wiper blades can be lifted from the windshield to limit the possibility of the blades sticking to the glass. Lifting the wiper blades from the windshield aids the removal of snow, mud, and leaves, etc. The wiper's winter park position can be enabled or disabled via the Vehicle Settings menu in the instrument panel.

The wipers move to the winter park position when the ignition is switched off. The wipers remain in the winter park position until one of the following occurs:

• The vehicle’s speed is above 8 km/h (5 mph).
  • The wipers are operated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks a ton for that @hicksonp!
I kept thinking that the winter park itself lifts the wipers off the glass, in some motorized fashion! This cleared it up - I gotta do it myself.

Having said that, it's still an annoyance that each time the wiper is being used, it goes up... comes down... then goes up a couple inches and stays there till the next bit of water is sensed. This way of operation is almost a nuisance. Why not go up a couple inches when I put the car in "Park", just the same way the sunroof closes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts