RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on fluid replacement that is both effective in the winter (freezing temps, where salt is applied to the roads) and safe on the paint/trim.

The Nextzett Anti-frost product sounds promising, but gets mixed reviews on Amazon. Their Kristall Klar product is well regarded, but I don't think it's effective when it's below freezing (although someone suggested mixing with 99% isopropyl alcohol).

Is the blue stuff at the local gas station ok?

I realize you can get the dealer to top up the fluids, but in cases where you can't get to the dealer and want something in your own garage.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The nextzett is the best stuff I've used - I use their other stuff in warmer months.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
28 Posts
I will never use any blue stuff again since it froze up in my LR4. I can’t comment on the Nextzett. I used the orange RainX stuff for the past few years with out any problems at all. Never froze up or stained anything. I’ll put it in my RRS when needed without hesitation.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Amused at a thread regards windshield washer fluid.
Another vote for the orange RainX stuff. I get to much colder climates than Chicago, and it has yet to freeze up on me.
You really think the dealer uses some special JLR secret formula washer fluid?
No real need to go to some fancy manufacturer, it's windshield washer fluid after all...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Amused at a thread regards windshield washer fluid.
Another vote for the orange RainX stuff. I get to much colder climates than Chicago, and it has yet to freeze up on me.
You really think the dealer uses some special JLR secret formula washer fluid?
No real need to go to some fancy manufacturer, it's windshield washer fluid after all...
As someone who has done a decent amount of work on the effects of various fluids on material cosmetics, material strength, etc., it is a valid concern.

I trust JLR to test the windshield wiper fluid they ship in their cars to make sure it doesn't degrade plastics (e.g. the tank it sits in, exterior trim pieces), the wiper blades, exposed metal, and the vehicle's paint.

I don't trust that some random wiper fluid manufacturer is going to have the time or resources to determine which plastics, metals, and paint chemistries various car manufacturer's use and ensure their fluid doesn't degrade it.

I've read negative reviews about the RainX Orange degrading the plastic tank in a Toyota owner's fluid reservoir. In reality, it's probably not going to be an issue for most people, but it's not an invalid concern.

That being said, I bought the only blue fluid I found on the way up to the mountains that is good down to -15˚F because plastic degradation is less of a concern than crashing due not not being able see the road.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts