RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reccomendations for some solid winter tires? Have to make a couple trips over the mountains for the holidays and it can get pretty nasty at times. I have the stock 20" rrs supercharged wheels and tires on right now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pirelli Ice and Snow have always been great snow tires for me. I had them on my X5 for a few years and just bought a set for my RRS (20"s). They get excellent reviews on Tire Rack and are reasonable ($250 or so each).

·
Banned
890 Posts
Nokian WR or WR G2, 4 season , extream winter DOT rated. Got mine for $275 each installed and you won't have to play the snow tire change over game every year...

·
Registered
235 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
Nokian WR or WR G2, 4 season , extream winter DOT rated. Got mine for $275 each installed and you won't have to play the snow tire change over game every year...
That's great price!!! I presume these were 20" and are the new WR G2s?? If you don't mind asking where did you get the tires?

I just paid $311 for the 20" - tires only :(

·
Banned
890 Posts
sbkim said:
RoverfreakNH said:
That's great price!!! I presume these were 20" and are the new WR G2s?? If you don't mind asking where did you get the tires?

I just paid $311 for the 20" - tires only :(
yes 275/40/20 Nokian WRs

·
Banned
890 Posts
my local Rover dealer ordered them for me. I want to say the parts manager found them in Chicago i think...

I know the new version of the WRs , the WR G2 will be in the states mid December. But, in the 275/40/20 size the tire does NOT have the new G2 tread design, they kept the WR design for the 20" tires, they found out that in the new tread design and the size of the tire, the older tread design performed better in all weather. but are using the new low resistance rubber compound that is in the new G2 tire. Found this out from a local Nokian dealer here in NH.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yrbender said:
sbkim said:
Thanks

Where did you get your tires from? I couldn't get them any where locally (NJ)?

http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-7340-nokian-wr-g2-suv.aspx

Try this link talk with Josh. I think they come in your size
Thanks - I ordered mine from Josh. Great service! Got the new G2's in 3 days and got them mounted. So far so good - extremely quiet but not sure how it compares to the older WR's. But based on above, looks like WR and G2s are the same for the 20".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts