RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

UK/Canada guy here again!
Ok ... so it's just started to snow here and the ski hills are opening next week.
I've currently got the 20" RRSport SC rims, with a new set of all season rubber boots on (still with whiskers).

Anyone else out there use all season tires in the winter? Or do you feel winter tires are the way to go?
Can you get winter tires for 20" rims
Would I need to get some 19" rims - would I need to adjust anything with the car, for it to take into acount the smaller wheel circumference?

Any pro's/con's of switching out tires on a seasonal basis? (appart from being another expense and a pain in the a#s)

Thanks again
Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a set of OEM 20 S/C wheels for sale...if you want to have your snows mounted on a seperate set, instead of swapping them out before/after winter. I will part with the set of 4 (including TPM) for $850 +shipping. Plus that way you keep the cool look of 20s instead of going to the 19's for winter.

PS - if you are looking for winter tires... the Pirelli Scorpion Ice/Snow are great and come in the factory 20 size.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I lived in Aspen for a winter with my 06 RRS SC and I had the 20" continentals, and never had a problem. I was actually quite impressed with how well the truck handled on snow/ice. You should be fine with the stockers.

·
Banned
890 Posts
maxwell said:
I lived in Aspen for a winter with my 06 RRS SC and I had the 20" continentals, and never had a problem. I was actually quite impressed with how well the truck handled on snow/ice. You should be fine with the stockers.

For a strict winter tire, I just put the Nokian WRs on my rover, in the 275/40/20s.. Last 2 seasons I ran the Vredestien Wintrac 4s, those are very good winter tires as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts