RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was just at the dealer talking to our salesman. I have a quick question for the day, what are most RRS drivers using for winters. Do you switch them out for 19' and winter or are others doing something else. Also, has anyone put on the 3M chip gaurd (is it worth the 5 bills they want to charge). Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I run my stock 19's and Pirelli Scorpions.

Go to your local tint place and price out the clear bras. I think you can do way better than a dealers price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use the OEM 20" Stormer's with 275/40/20 Blizzak DM-V1's for my winter shoes. I've also got a 3M clear bra on my RRS which in my opinion is a must for the the Montana roads which get tons of gravel/sand in the winter months.

·
Registered
325 Posts
$500 is an outright bargain for a full kit. i spent about $750 on the west coast here for the ventureshield film which was bought out by 3m. ventureshield tends to show less than the 3m film.

it's a must. even in 300 miles, my brand new front bumper showed 12 chips and this is on clean roads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also run stock stormer 20's and blizzaks, great combo for winter roads. And I 2nd going to a private tint shop and get a quote there, you definitely NEED a clear bra.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everyone, thanks for all the info. I called a few tint shops around the GTA and they about 250.00 3M certified guys. So I think i'll we'll go with them and save a few hundred! As for the winters I think we will try out the RR with the stock 20's and when winter rolls around consider throwing on some winter and then getting new set or rims and shoes for the summer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I run 19s and MT/Rs for the winter, along with a Johnson Rods lift kit. I just bought a set of 22" Stormer replicas and a Johnson Rods lowering kit for the summer.

MT/Rs are not as good as a real snow tire, but between the tires and the traction control, I only scared myself once coming down an icy hill in Tahoe, and went up to ski in a few serious storms - 3 foot dump and 8 foot dump. I was really impressed by the performance over my old P38 RR. This is the West Coast, where you don't see a lot of ice.

It's supposed to dump 12"+ tomorrow, thinking I'm headed up :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts