RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 20 inch OEM rims on my Range Rover with a set of Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow and I have noticed rubbing on sharp turns (coming out of the garage, etc.). I don't have rubbing with my summer tires but the tread is of course much lower.

Does anyone else experience this? I had snow tires on my car last year but they were on 19" rims. This is my first time using them on 20's.

I don't think it is a big deal either way but I was just curious...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
luxury1 said:
I have a set of 20 inch OEM rims on my Range Rover with a set of Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow and I have noticed rubbing on sharp turns (coming out of the garage, etc.). I don't have rubbing with my summer tires but the tread is of course much lower.

Does anyone else experience this? I had snow tires on my car last year but they were on 19" rims. This is my first time using them on 20's.

I don't think it is a big deal either way but I was just curious...
What make are the Tyres and what Width?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Lux1.

Are your FFRR S/C rims 20" x 9.5" wide ? The wider wheels could be causing 255/50R20 tyres to have a very vertical shoulder !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vinniman said:
Are your FFRR S/C rims 20" x 9.5" wide ? The wider wheels could be causing 255/50R20 tyres to have a very vertical shoulder !
Vinniman
A.
Hi Vinniman,

I am not sure if they are 9.5 wide.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Lux1, that definately should not be happening. Where is it rubbing?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Lux.

The RRS S/C's came out with OEM 20"x9.5" Stormer wheels, so I wasn't sure whether your 20 inch wheels were standard items or the aftermarket OEM products available from Ebay etc. Just check the inside or outside edges of the wheels for the width ?

There should be a stamped dimension somewhere on your wheels which states their width and offset(+) so we can offer help !

Have a poke around the inside of the trucks fender wells while your there, to see if any plastic guards are hanging low or loose.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are 9.5 then. They are standard OEM rims.

I looked under the car more closely and I don't see any place where it would be rubbing but I hear it. Very confusing.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Lux.

That makes sense now, since your FFRR S/C is mainly setup with ultra high speed tyres relevant to the trucks 500Hp potential !

I was aware that the face-lifted model L322 Range Rover from '07-'08 was shod with 20"x8.5" wheels on the S/C & TDV8 models both in North America and foreign markets, but was not sure if the wheel specification had changed with the MY2010 versions ?
As stated, the wider 9.5" stance of your rims is causing the sidewall profile of the 20" fitment to sit much taller than the earlier vintage machinery which in due course will dissapate with additional wear on the inside edge of the Ice + Snow tyres over time.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts