RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Xmas one and all, or Happy Holidays!

Thought I would share a few fun winter pics from my holiday travels from Houston to Wisconsin - have been enjoying some unusual temps we don't usually experience in Houston.

-4F with wind chills pushing -17F was the coldest we have had so far, certainly makes those heated seats a nice feature...a heated steering wheel would be nice too!

Have to say that the Nittos do wonderfully in the snow and ice so far in Snow mode, but after 18 inches deep it tends to get difficult. Playing on some of the country roads with DSC off and Terrain Response off produces some very thrilling drifting! Let's see some of your best winter pics - don't freeze your fingers off taking them though!!

Morning snow:

Lake Michigan snow walk:

Rubio the Labrador - the true owner of the Range Rover Sport

Romping in the snow near Pike Lake:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im in Toronto now. I was fully prepared for the snow, however, the weather here is nothing different from whats in DC.( I had some great snow moment with my GL last time when I was here.) well at least it is nice to know that the snow is still exist according to your pictures.!

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Something tells me that winter pics from AZ just aren't going to do it for your snowhounds. :)
Glad to see the black wheels are getting more play these days! Paul your truck looks great-

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
ivo-1 said:
Oh, what I would pay for a heated steering wheel...

(-14F/-26C)
Last week we got an Arctic storm here in Southern California. Temperatures dropped to 37F, but with the wind chill it felt like 35, maybe 34. You could actually see the snow on the mountains, just above the smog line. It got so cold, my wife had to rush to Nordstrom's to get a pair of white and fluffy mountain boots. It was terrible. Thank God it's over today (70F.)

:twisted:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Paul - I like the new "Black & Blue" look. Fun pics of your trip too. We plan to go up to Big Bear sometime this winter, so hopefully we'll have some snow pics to share shortly. But as usual, it will be sunny and 72 on New Year's Day for the Rose Bowl, despite the bad weather Umberto mentioned that we had earlier. Happy New Year everyone!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice ones Nooro! Let's see some buried in 12 inches of snow on the trail!

Looking forward to seeing the pics from Big Bear Scott! Hey Drevs - thought you guys might have had snow in Sedona or nearby...pity if not!

Back to Houston - it's a toasty 65 degrees....practically boiling by comparison to Wisconsin/Chicago (a city with more potholes than I have EVER seen - glad I was driving with my 18's or some of the wheels would have been dented).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
dmljohnson said:

Winter in Florida....No Snow....sorry guys....had to put it..LOL
New wheels or are those your Winter wheels?

Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boaz said:
Well, they aren't from THIS winter, but I didn't see that stipulated anywhere... 8)

Nice!!!

Great pics Scott...

DML - that reminds me of the good old days living in Miami...2 weeks of cold weather and the rest of the year hot and humid!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry, no RRS in this image, but I do own one!

This is the Merced River in Yosemite Valley. Made with a 4x5 field camera, BW negative film, snowshoes, and lots of clothing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts