RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my car last night, and noticed today that my side mirrors do not tilt when I engage reverse. I searched for it in the menus, but did not find it anywhere. Is there any way to turn the feature on/off? I have the folding-dimming mirrors on an HSE Dynamic, so it would be really strange if the car did not have the dip function - I also do not remember it being offered as an option.
Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
329 Posts
So I got my car last night, and noticed today that my side mirrors do not tilt when I engage reverse. I searched for it in the menus, but did not find it anywhere. Is there any way to turn the feature on/off? I have the folding-dimming mirrors on an HSE Dynamic, so it would be really strange if the car did not have the dip function - I also do not remember it being offered as an option.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
Actually has been discussed before, but I will answer you here.

Put your car in reverse and then set your mirrors to the dip position you would like. Once you go back in drive they will revert to the normal driving position - this way the dip position is completely user customizable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I saw the thread, but when I moved the mirrors while in reverse, after I selected D and went forward they just stayed like that. I will try it a second time later hopefully it will work :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, I saw the thread, but when I moved the mirrors while in reverse, after I selected D and went forward they just stayed like that. I will try it a second time later hopefully it will work :)
Did you save it to memory?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
On my 2013 LR4, Reverse Mirrors Dip can be enabled or disabled from the Vehicle Setup menu, accessible in the instrument cluster via steering wheel "OK" and navigation buttons. Don't know if the interface is the same on the new Sport, but if it is make sure that option is checked.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes it's still the same Umbertob, so Barp, as He said, go into the menu in the Cluster and make sure the dipping mirror box is checked, you can customize other stuff in there too...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you save it to memory?
How do you do that? I simply click the button and move the joystick around, then click it again!

I do not have it in my menus. When i go into the instrument cluster menu> Vehicle setup i just do not have this box to tick. And when I called my dealer, and he told me that some cars just arrive without it, but he has not been able to identify any logic behind it - Some SEs have it and some Autobiographys don't.

My best guess is it is a market specific option, and not all of the workers at the factory are sure to which market group Bulgaria belongs, so whoever makes the build sheet when an order arrives - specifies it either with or without as a sort of a guess. :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
How do you do that? I simply click the button and move the joystick around, then click it again!

I do not have it in my menus. When i go into the instrument cluster menu> Vehicle setup i just do not have this box to tick. And when I called my dealer, and he told me that some cars just arrive without it, but he has not been able to identify any logic behind it - Some SEs have it and some Autobiographys don't.

My best guess is it is a market specific option, and not all of the workers at the factory are sure to which market group Bulgaria belongs, so whoever makes the build sheet when an order arrives - specifies it either with or without as a sort of a guess. :D
Hit the memory button and your seat number while still in reverse and it will save the reverse setting only.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not have the memory pack on my seats. But it doesnt say that you have to have it in order to activate this function. I have still not givven up on it, and wrote an email to landrover directly, lets see what they have to say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this exact same issue. No menu option, no memory seats and certainly no mirror dipping, despite trying all the usual tricks to get it to work - so very interested in what JLR have to say about this when they come back to you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first reply was essentially go ask your dealer. I replied to that with - If they had an answer, I wouldn't be writing to you. Still waiting for a reply.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
The first reply was essentially go ask your dealer. I replied to that with - If they had an answer, I wouldn't be writing to you.
The first reply was nothing of the sort. The first reply was how most every Range Rover since 1995 programs reverse dip. Part of the issue is that there are market variances in options and how they work. As we have no clue where you are we are unable to respond with any market specific details.

MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING
Selecting reverse gear will cause the door
mirrors to automatically adjust, providing an
improved viewing angle for reversing.
The exact dipped position can be adjusted when
the mirrors are dipped. The next time reverse
is selected, the newly adjusted position will be
selected.
When the gear selector is moved out of reverse,
the mirrors will return to their previous position.
Note: If vehicle speed exceeds 7 km/h (4 mph)
in reverse, the mirrors will return to their normal
driving position for enhanced visibility.
The automatic mirror dip feature can be enabled
or disabled using the Vehicle Set-Up menu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer got back to me today. Apparently according to the technical guys if the car doesn't have memory seats then it won't have mirror dipping enabled. This is something she didn't know. Well there you go - we've both learned something new...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first reply was nothing of the sort. The first reply was how most every Range Rover since 1995 programs reverse dip. Part of the issue is that there are market variances in options and how they work. As we have no clue where you are we are unable to respond with any market specific details.

MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING
Selecting reverse gear will cause the door
mirrors to automatically adjust, providing an
improved viewing angle for reversing.
The exact dipped position can be adjusted when
the mirrors are dipped. The next time reverse
is selected, the newly adjusted position will be
selected.
When the gear selector is moved out of reverse,
the mirrors will return to their previous position.
Note: If vehicle speed exceeds 7 km/h (4 mph)
in reverse, the mirrors will return to their normal
driving position for enhanced visibility.
The automatic mirror dip feature can be enabled
or disabled using the Vehicle Set-Up menu.
To be honest the very first reply I got from JLR was - which market are you in. After I replied stating which county I'm in - it became go ask your dealer. Who also doesn't know as no one bothered to specify in any of the documentation - including the manual bit you pasted - what exactly is the availability of this function is dependent on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer got back to me today. Apparently according to the technical guys if the car doesn't have memory seats then it won't have mirror dipping enabled. This is something she didn't know. Well there you go - we've both learned something new...
Thanks for sharing! I'm a bit annoyed that it just was not stated anywhere - but I love the car, and to be honest I even do not miss the dip so much with the mirrors being so massive.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I'm a bit annoyed that it just was not stated anywhere - but I love the car, and to be honest I even do not miss the dip so much with the mirrors being so massive.
You can have my mirror dip feature. I don't use it because as you mentioned, the mirrors are a good size and I can see my rear wheels and curb at the same time without tilting the mirror.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be honest if i was driving the truck in California I wouldn't ever complain about it. In Europe, especially in the older parts of town where the streets are really narrow you either park an inch from the curb or you end up without a mirror or with a massive scratch from end to end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts