RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4.6 HSE 1997 has electric dipping mirrors when reverse is engaged. They both operate and dip when reverse is selected but when forward is then chosen, one wing mirror (passenger on RHD vehicle) returns to the normal position but the driver side mirror dips still further ... and so on every time reverse is engaged until it's looking fully down. Any ideas why this is happening and how do I fix it please?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,761 Posts
read your owner's manual and reprogram them. You have two positions to program. Once in Park or Drive, then while in reverse. of course you can always just turn off the dip function

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You may nbe able to correct it by reprogramming but most likely the feedback has died on the one mirror so it has no idea where to move it back to. As said, you can turn the function off or you may be able to program the same position for reverse and forward so it doesn't try to move at all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 4.6 HSE 1997 has electric dipping mirrors when reverse is engaged. They both operate and dip when reverse is selected but when forward is then chosen, one wing mirror (passenger on RHD vehicle) returns to the normal position but the driver side mirror dips still further ... and so on every time reverse is engaged until it's looking fully down. Any ideas why this is happening and how do I fix it please?
I have the same issue

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you... reprogrammed nicely on one machine that had lost it's settings but on the original P38 where it continued to dip the wrong way in increasing increments, even though the message comes up indicating its reprogrammed, the fault still occurs. Can't even disable the dip function on the second P38!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts