RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger side washer sprayer....that's technical terms for you, sprays almost completely over the windshield. I tried to adjust the little nozzle or whatever you want to call it but it wouldn't move. Anyone know if these are adjustable or will the dealership need to look at it?
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
Does it go over the car completely or just hit the upper wind shield?
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
CB08 said:
The passenger side washer sprayer....that's technical terms for you, sprays almost completely over the windshield. I tried to adjust the little nozzle or whatever you want to call it but it wouldn't move. Anyone know if these are adjustable or will the dealership need to look at it?
I'm assuming you stuck a pin in the hole and tried to move the nozzle?
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
CB08 said:
The passenger side washer sprayer....that's technical terms for you, sprays almost completely over the windshield. I tried to adjust the little nozzle or whatever you want to call it but it wouldn't move. Anyone know if these are adjustable or will the dealership need to look at it?
I'm assuming you stuck a pin in the hole and tried to move the nozzle?

I don't think he's checked the magnetic attenuator yet, he should probably not attempt the pin recovery until he does that.

Let me take it from here Goose ;) I just had to do the attenuator rebuild so i'm pretty familiar with the whole process.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
Unfortunately this isn't in the manual and of course not covered by warranty, but most of us have had to deal with the issue. It manifests itself as a misaligned sprayer but it's a little complicated.
First check the pressure on your spare tire make sure none of it is leaking into the manifold if it is, get a garden hose or a safety pin, if is not, proceed as follows.

Open the engine compartment and find the magnetic attenuator or MA, it's black and it has wires coming out of it.
Once you find it, look at it's condition, if it looks damaged, get a ladder. If it doesn't look damaged spray it with canned air then proceed to the next step.
Go into the main cabin /driver seat insert the key in the ignition and move it to position II, press and hold the info button on the radio
while at the same time move the tune knob on the radio back and forth, you should see the sprayers moving right to left, now push the tune knob
to regulate the amount of water coming out of the nozzle. So push and turn until the spray hits wherever in the windshield you want.

If the INFO/TUNE/PUSH/ROTATE didn't work your MA is toast, no worries there's a way to bypass it.
Just get the pin, from earlier, and stick it into the spray nozzle, there's 2 on each side, and direct the spray nozzle to your heart's content.

This should solve your problem.

If there's anything else you don't want to read the manual about just howler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
+1, couldn't have explained it better myself!!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
When you've loved and lost because of a faulty MA clarity never hurts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's hitting the very top of the windshield, but it's just the one side. I'll see what I can come up with.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
It ain't gonna make one bit of difference 'til you prime the MA
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
rafa said:
press and hold the info button on the radio
while at the same time move the tune knob on the radio back and forth, you should see the sprayers moving right to left, now push the tune knob
Nice :clap: you had me up until this point.

Everyone here knows the info button doesn't do anything :wink:
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
I figured by the time I said "magnetic attenuator" you were in on it.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
Oh! for the record CB08 got the low down "backstage" (PM) and he had a good laugh, he should be redirecting the nozzles with a straight pin as we speak so all is well at the forum once again.


Rafa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I wish you had provided this information before I mounted home made sheet metal on the roof of my truck to deflect the spray back down onto the windshield. Come to think of it, maybe the sheet metal is also causing my wind noise problem :think:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Success! Hahaha the pin trick works much better than the magnetic attenuator.
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
Another happy rangerovers.net customer!

And you're a good sport for putting up with the ribbing. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
670 Posts
CB08 said:
Success! Hahaha the pin trick works much better than the magnetic attenuator.
CB you kill me bro! :lol:

Now you know where the MA is located for future reference. Next, Minute Particle Centrifuge By-pass Valve and resonator stem or MPCBVRS is in the trunk by the DVD changer it addresses some of the wind-noise issues on MY2010 and the denim stains on light leather seats as well. The holy grail of British ingenuity.

Have a great day man.

Rafa
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top