RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windshield has leaked since I purchased my P38 two years ago. A local glass shop looked at it today and said they would try to seal it without removing it which would likely result in a break. I furnished them with a new upper finisher and retaining clips. The existing finisher wasn't sitting right and whoever replaced the windshield last was a hack. Anyway, they called me and asked me to come down. Not usually a good sign. They removed the existing upper finisher and confirmed the windshield wasn't seated properly. They cleaned, primed and sealed it as best they could but could not put the new finisher and clips on as the windshield was installed too high. They feel it will no longer leak and they adapted another piece of rubber molding to fit and it actually looks ok. My question is if this does continue to leak, I will have to get a new windscreen and should probably source the misc. parts myself. Can anyone tell me how many of each of the following I will need to have on hand?

They are:

CMC100150 (windscreen glazing support)
BTR4428 (Plastic clip-lower finisher)
DCE10038L (upper finisher retaining clip)

I got these from the lrcat online. No shop is going to have these parts on hand and I don't want them waiting for weeks to get them while my windshield is out, should that need arise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I needed those white X shaped clips to hold my lower finisher so I got them off
a junkyard truck along with another lower finisher. I’d stop by Safelite and talk to a tech there about part availability. If they can’t find it I doubt it exists.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
p38 spares, bearmach and possible dealer as special order. safelite was able to procure the clips last year when my windshield was replaced.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far guys. I can source the parts, but cannot find any info on how many of each are needed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
There were about 10 clips to hold the lower finisher into the truck. I might actually have a few extra laying around. I’ll look when I get back home from work on Saturday. PM me your address and I can mail them to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts