RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield cowl drain tube on battery side...where does it terminate?

photo(2).jpg
If someone could tell me where the end opposite the cowl connection goes, I would appreciate it. Mine was just dangling loose off the cowl in the battery compartment. But, since the tube on the drivers side definitely terminates into a tube
that goes on down, I assume the one on the battery side does also. I even removed the battery and the battery tray but didn't see a place for the tube to connect. I have a strong suspicion that these tubes being loose and open at the end may very well be the cause of the annoying wind buzz about 60mph.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Re: Windshield cowl drain tube on battery side...where does it terminate?

No, it somewhat tucks in behind the battery tray. The buzz is usually caused by the cowl vibrating on the windshield, there isn't really any airflow past the bottom of that drain.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Does anyone have a pic where this is suppose to go? Ours is just sat down the side of the battery since a new battery was fitted in Jan which can't be right...

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts

Roverguy is as usual correct. BTW Dave thank you for sharing your experience, knowledge and expertise on so many issues with our beloved RRs.

TJH1985 it just tucks behind the battery and drains away. See attached pic below... Cheers
image.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts