RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Weird one, for me at least! The wipers were playing up, sometimes working normally, sometimes only if you switch to high speed first, then go back to slow speed. Sometimes not working even if you do that. Since I live in Bergen, Norway, where it rains a lot, I need wipers...`)
I ordered a new motor, thinking that was the problem, but today I went out to have a poke. First, no workee. At all. Switched the car off, started again, they worked.:roll:
Replaced relays 1 and 8, no difference. Wriggled the wires to the fusebox, no difference.
Jumped relay 8, pins 30 and 87, full-speed wipers kicked in, and the wipers work in all positions of the switch, but at high speed. They also park as they should. Can live with that, better than nothing!
Anyone any idea what I need to look at next? The wiper delay relay, maybe? (where is that, by the way?)
Bit reluctant to change the motor, if it's a dodgy connection somewhere, as it seems to be...
Cheers,
Iain

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would suspect the wiper stalk/switch on the steering wheel. You might be able to get a used one from a breaker or on eBay. The airbag is easy to remove and the switch is under that. I live on the very rainy West coast of British Columbia and appreciate the need for good wipers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gordo51, as it happens, I've got a tested switch/stalk lying from a car I just scrapped, I'll give it go.
The wipers WERE working, all on fast speed but then stopped completely last night...irritating! Not raining today, so I'll swap the switch and see what happens...
Iain

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, not the switch...swapped the motor for a known working one, all good!
Me happy chappy, 'cos wife happy wife...
Gordo51, the airbag doesn't need to come out, just the column cover...
Cheers all!
Iain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts