RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I own my P38 I have problems with a not proper working windscreen washer..

I bought several jet nozzles, and none of them works propperly, like they're blocked from factory.

Anyone experienced this too? Nozzles aren't cheap either, but no matter what brand I get, they don't work.
Pump seems to be working fine.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine has non-return valves in the pipes under the bonnet. Part number is PRC6857 but generic 5mm non-return valves will work fine. I used a generic one from eBay when mine failed.

When it failed it stopped washer fluid from making it to the washer jet.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
491 Posts
I’ve recently fitted new washer nozzles and they both work fine. Water may be getting to the nozzles but is the pressure/flow good enough? I would suspect the non return valves as well - they may just be obstructing the flow rather than stopping it completely. Simple enough to take them out of the system and check the flow without them.

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
I've found that when LR non-return valves fail they go non-return in both directions rather than just not working like most do. Rear washer not working is almost always due to the non-return valve.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Have you tested all three pumps at the washer fluid tank for pumping to the correct destination? section 84 in RAVE has a very detailed description of when the head lamp washers and wiper operate. the diagram shows that the left hand side of the reservoir windscreen washer pump it to a non return valve either under the right side of the cowl cover or in the engine compartment on the right fender. from the nonreturn valve a single line runs across the cowel with a "T" fitting dropping a line to underside of the hood for right side washer, then continuing toward to the left washer.

If the non return valve has corroded or failed it may not allow the fluid the fluid through. If the actual nozzles are corroded don't go shoving anything in them. Remove the nozzles and non return valve and soak them in CLR. CLR is Calcium, lime and rust remover.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take the valve out and see what it does, I tiny bit of water comes out of the nozzle.
Rear one isn't working either, whereabout is that non return valve located?

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
Rear one isn't working either, whereabout is that non return valve located?
Under the left side panel that supports the boot cover.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tested all three pumps at the washer fluid tank for pumping to the correct destination? section 84 in RAVE has a very detailed description of when the head lamp washers and wiper operate. the diagram shows that the left hand side of the reservoir windscreen washer pump it to a non return valve either under the right side of the cowl cover or in the engine compartment on the right fender. from the nonreturn valve a single line runs across the cowel with a "T" fitting dropping a line to underside of the hood for right side washer, then continuing toward to the left washer.

If the non return valve has corroded or failed it may not allow the fluid the fluid through. If the actual nozzles are corroded don't go shoving anything in them. Remove the nozzles and non return valve and soak them in CLR. CLR is Calcium, lime and rust remover.
I tried another pump, I've got a washer tank with pumps laying around..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts