RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 SVR

I'm wondering if it's just me or is there a lot of reflection from the windows (specifically at night) from the interior lights - even when dimmed? Driving at night, the ambient lighting and the Incontrol/gauge cluster kick off a decent amount of ambient light that reflects at the driver and front passenger windows - almost like a mirror.

I recently just tinted the fronts and it seems even more pronounced - which I guess makes sense.

I went a little dark (matched the back windows), but I noticed the reflection even before the tints were done. Love the darker tint in the day and it's not an issue. At night - almost impossible to see if there are no street lights.

I'm curious if others notice this. I'm considering ripping out the current tint and going lighter to help with night visibility - or maybe it's just the nature of the glass and won't really matter regardless of the shade???

Don't love the idea of pulling the tint off for fear a) it will damage the windows and b) in the end it might not make much of a difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pretty stock car and i noticed it as well. It's mostly the light on the side of the center console. Considering the light doesn't stay the color i set it at, i wish i could disable the light on the side console. pretty worthless to me and adds reflection.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
This is an issue on my (tinted) L494 as well; it was manageable w/ the adjustable dimness, but w/ the ambient lighting color/brightness reset bug that came around mid-Aug (to me, anyway), it's much more annoying and dangerous.

I've got my mappable left steering control pod button set to toggle "Stealth Mode," so that's one option, as is changing the Ambient Lighting brightness down to a lower level (or off all together)... perhaps that setting "sticks" on newer Touch Pro Duo software revs than the version I've got.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
45 Posts
This is an issue on my (tinted) L494 as well; it was manageable w/ the adjustable dimness, but w/ the ambient lighting color/brightness reset bug that came around mid-Aug (to me, anyway), it's much more annoying and dangerous.

I've got my mappable left steering control pod button set to toggle "Stealth Mode," so that's one option, as is changing the Ambient Lighting brightness down to a lower level (or off all together)... perhaps that setting "sticks" on newer Touch Pro Duo software revs than the version I've got.
Mine was working like a champ and keeping my settings until I got 18C and the Smartphone Pack. Now it always reverts back to white... so not sure the new software fixes this. Made it worse for me unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts