RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting my RRS in May in Santorini BLK and was wondering if it's a good idea to tint the driver and passenger windows to match the rest. Is it legal? Does it really affect the ability to see out or to use the mirrors? Is this a dumb idea? :doh: It just seems like it might make the car a little more uniform in looks. I'm prayin you'll be easy on me now, I know i'm dealing with the pro's. :pray:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
tint laws on the front windows vary from state to state so you'll have to check for yours. i know it's illegal in CA. of course it will affect your ability to see out, esp at night, but depending on how dark you go, it might not even matter. many have done for the uniformity you mention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can still see out and it makes the car look much better.

Here is a picture of my 2010 black rrs with tinted front windows and I also have the windshield tinted. The front windows are 15 percent and windshield is 45 percent. It really depends where you live to decide how much you can get away with without the cops messing with you.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I think in TX the law is 35% in front and as dark as you want in the rear.

I've got a Black RRS with 35% in front and 20% in the rear windows. Allows me to see well at night with no issues.

Prog3g, do you have any issues with the tint on the front windshield as far as turning on the heater, radio signals and rain sensor. Some of the better tints I hear are ceramic based and was wondering if that would cause any issues.

Also I hear there are better companies than 3M such as Wincos that offer a better product overall and color selection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
I think in TX the law is 35% in front and as dark as you want in the rear.

I've got a Black RRS with 35% in front and 20% in the rear windows. Allows me to see well at night with no issues.

Prog3g, do you have any issues with the tint on the front windshield as far as turning on the heater, radio signals and rain sensor. Some of the better tints I hear are ceramic based and was wondering if that would cause any issues.

Also I hear there are better companies than 3M such as Wincos that offer a better product overall and color selection.

No Issues at all I used a carbon based tint from sun tech and it is great doesn't effect anything. It just like stock except the sun is not beating into the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts