RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rears are pretty dark stock. Has anyone done the tint on the front 2 windows and if so what was the right % to match the rears? The rears seem like 20% to me. Maybe 20-35% worse case. Thoughts and experiences appreciated.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Same question, but slightly different approach. I'm looking to darken my two fronts to compliment the back, but not as dark. Anyone gone with this look? If so, what worked for you?

·
Registered
437 Posts
My rears are pretty dark stock. Has anyone done the tint on the front 2 windows and if so what was the right % to match the rears? The rears seem like 20% to me. Maybe 20-35% worse case. Thoughts and experiences appreciated.
They definitely look 20-25%. I'll be doing the same as soon as I take delivery. All of my cars have same dark tint all around.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same question, but slightly different approach. I'm looking to darken my two fronts to compliment the back, but not as dark. Anyone gone with this look? If so, what worked for you?
I did that on my q7. Did 35 percent on fronts with at least 20 percent on rears. Would prefer it to be uniform this time around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would prefer the uniform dark all the way around but I'm concerned about visibility at night. Needless worry?
Yes. needless worry. Never bothered me, cuts down on glare.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have 20% all around on my Audi A5 Cabrio and night time vision is fine. Vision is reduced, however still fine.

Not sure the state laws in NJ, however front tints are illegal in CA. Most cops don't pull you over, unless you're in a bad area or they are having a bad day. Ha.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 20% all around on my Audi A5 Cabrio and night time vision is fine. Vision is reduced, however still fine.

Not sure the state laws in NJ, however front tints are illegal in CA. Most cops don't pull you over, unless you're in a bad area or they are having a bad day. Ha.
Its illegal here, but I don't care. Had them for years without issue to date. If I was driving a civic with tinted out windows I am sure they would bust my chops.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tinted windows used to be a fix it ticket in cali, so you just pulled the tint and put it back after you had the citation signed off. Now, its a $$ fine.

Rice Rockets beware...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine tinted, first time 35% but i didn't like the contrast... then replaced that with 18% which I think looks pretty good. I went with the SunTek Nano Carbon tints cuz they're the best ones my guy had to offer and they significantly block the heat and don't fade or whatever with time.
Our cars' front windows and windshield have a slight green tint to them, so even after the tints are installed they will look just a little more reflective than the rears. It's barely noticeable with the 18% but if you really look at it you'll notice it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine tinted, first time 35% but i didn't like the contrast... then replaced that with 18% which I think looks pretty good. I went with the SunTek Nano Carbon tints cuz they're the best ones my guy had to offer and they significantly block the heat and don't fade or whatever with time.
Our cars' front windows and windshield have a slight green tint to them, so even after the tints are installed they will look just a little more reflective than the rears. It's barely noticeable with the 18% but if you really look at it you'll notice it.
So just to confirm you went 18% on the fronts to match the stock backs. You put no tint on the rears. Thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think it is a bad to order it with dark tint. Doing it after market is much better because you can always remove it and reinstall it later for cheap.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think it is a bad to order it with dark tint. Doing it after market is much better because you can always remove it and reinstall it later for cheap.
I don't know if that's an option in the US. All of the vehicles come with the privacy windows already installed.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
I had 20% installed on my two fronts for MY2011 HSE LUX. Perfect match and looks great but I did get a ticket last year. Haven't removed them yet and probably will not. If you are going to do it then matching the fronts to the back is much nicer appearance wise.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm just curios, I know there is a matching tint to make the front window the same as the rears ... does anyone know specifically what it is and what the percentage is? Thx

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I've always liked the front a bit lighter than the back. I know it doesn't always look the best but driving at night in badly lit streets can be really unsafe if there are cyclists and what not around and I just can't see **** through dark tint at night. I'm definitely going to sacrifice looks for visibility all day long.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had it done at 20% in the front and nothing in the back. You have to consider the color of your interior. Mine was Cirrus but I have the interior roof black. Also, the type of tint matters too. I have the tint guys to just cut of pieces to match.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
149 Posts
20% front and extra 20 on top of back tailgate window existing tint.
Don't do legal 35%. It will be two tone with the rest of the car. Find a guy that will do 20 or 15.

I have malignant melanoma skin cancer. I figure that might get me out of a ticket.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts