RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 35% on the Front and 20 on the rear. Has anyone had issues driving with tint in AZ, NM, and CA. Looked up the CHP website and it only allows 7)% LTV. NOt sure if I can drive my RRS to CA with this tint. Don't want to be pulled over in every state driving .....

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
As an out of state driver you won't have any issues. Tinting laws follow the state of registration, not the state you are traveling in.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,478 Posts
No issues at all Frisco - never been stopped for tinting items.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been stopped a number of times by CHP in Ca for my tints and no front plate I guess they really didn't have anything to do. But on all my cars I have limo tint in the back and 25 or 30 percent in the front. The law if im not mistaken is you can have the darkest tint you want on the back windows and only 70 percent on the front driver and passenger windows.

The ticket is a fix it ticket and will not effect your driving record and only costs $10 if you show proof you removed it or about $75 if you just decide to pay the fine and leave them on which is what I do. Cause by the time I take it to the tint shop and have them remove it and pay the $10 its a lot more than $75 bucks.

So just take your chances 99% chance your not going to get pulled over... :D

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
You'd be legal in AZ, but KA may impound your car and fine you. They have a monster deficit to feed, you know. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would suck being impounded while driving through a state. I can suck up a ticket in CA. Heard they could make you take your tint off on the side in CA.

Wondering about all these rally's where people come from various states and if they drive with tints.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
I would suggest turning off the lights, taping a couple of flashlights to the mirrors, only using backroads between midnight and 4am, and laying low on clear moonlight nights. That's what we used do when we were running illegals into the country along the border towns.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Be very careful in Cali, Frisco

[youtube:1f52vc1u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aAi6O7bUQ[/youtube:1f52vc1u]

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I have been ticketed for tint/plate/exhaust in a state different than my licensed and registered state. It can happen, not likely, but really sucks. :snooty:

·
Registered
126 Posts
California is b-r-o-k-e ..
They are resorting to all kinds of tactics...

Got a no front plate ticket on my other car in a mall parking garage... sneaky bastards (Century City Center to be exact)..

On the other hand if you know a cop it just takes a sig ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I find pictures of driving through the mountains? I've tried to find pics of what it's really like driving through the mountains but all I'm getting is mountain ranges. I want pics that people have taken that show really how high up they are (like they hung the camera out the window over a ledge and took the picture) and I want to see pictures of driving along the road where there are no gard rails, ect..... Can ya help me out???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts