RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My driver's side window will go up and down, but only if I'm depressing/pulling on the switch. The automatic function seems to have stopped working all together. It was in the shop getting the transmission rebuilt and probably sat outside for a week in the cold, as we were away on Vacation at the time. Any idea what the problem might be or how to fix it? I don't want to have to take it back to the shop again, if it's something I can fix myself.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
407 Posts
You just need to reset the limits for the driver window lift auto raise and lower settings.

With the window raised/closed and the ignition on, press and hold the driver window switch down button until the window's fully down. Let go of the button then press it down again and hold it down for 5 seconds. You may hear/feel a slight bump.

Now, pull the switch up and it hold up until it fully closes the window. Release the switch then pull up again and hold it up for 5 seconds or so.

Congrats, you've just reset the limits for the auto open and close option.

Press and release the switch in the down position and your window should go all the way down unless you again press the switch which will interrupt and stop the window lift motor. Same in the opposite direction.

FWIW, these usually need to be reset anytime the battery is disconnected.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts