RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to All, You may recall my post with regards to the replacement of the rubbers surrounding the windows, these are no longer available from land rover, I have managed to get 4 rubbers in good condition at £20.00p each and spent the last three days installing same, in my case I needed to re-spray the door tops at the same time, there are no instructions for this operation in the work shop manual, or RAVE, so
in-case any of you need to carry out this work this is what I found, on the back doors you need to remove the door card, lower the window to it’s lowest point, remove the internal rubber trim around the window, remove the external capping along the door top, there is a small screw on hinge side of door holding this capping in place, once the screw is removed lift the capping to remove, you can now remove the external rubber, when you replace the external rubber make sure that it seats well into it’s seating, before installing the internal rubber make sure that the glass is in position against the out side rubber, the capping on the back doors is held in place with a small plastic clip if you need to replace this it is part No ALR 6946,. with the front doors the small screw holding the door capping is on the lock side of the door, the work is the same as the back door but you will need to remove the mirrors, no need to remove the door card, if you are using the existing rubbers be very gentle when you remove them if you kink them you won’t get the kink out again, when replacing, a small amount of
lubrication on the ends helps the rubber go down behind the glass,

for some reason the photo's make the rubber look crinkled but they are quite smooth

For preparation a wash down with mild detergent, a rub down with 600 grade paper clean off with “Sugar soap wipes” these do not need to be rinsed off, and spray, I used
“Hammerite satin black” job done. I hope this is of help to someone
Best Regards sillyboy

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Very good. Thanks for the infos about the process :thumb:
I'll need to do mine too

·
Registered
640 Posts
sillyboy said:
in-case any of you need to carry out this work this is what I found, on the back doors you need to remove the door card, lower the window to it’s lowest point, remove the internal rubber trim around the window, remove the external capping along the door top, there is a small screw on hinge side of door holding this capping in place, once the screw is removed lift the capping to remove, you can now remove the external rubber,
Slightly confused here, I recently replaced the Rear Outer Rubbers on my Truck with two new one's I bought from L/R and I certainly didn't remove the Rear Door card's or outer Waist Rail to do it. Just wound down the Window and Pulled them off.

Cheers

·
Registered
640 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Perhaps your screw had already fallen out.
Both the screws are in place and you do not have to remove them as it not neccessary to remove the door Waist Rail to replace the Rubber.

Cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All, All i can say to you guys is that my vehicle is a 1995 mod. and the exteria rubbers are "L" shaped the back edge going behind the edge of the glass and there was no way that was going to happen with the rest of the trim in place, the interia rubber is flat and not a problem to replace with all trim in place may be they changed the rubbers around and made the exteria one flat and put the return on the interia rubber ? the rubbers were on order from Land rover from June 2010 and the advice given to me was that order would never be filled Best regards sillyboy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts