RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas, I’m trying to fix my daughters 2002 P38 window issues. Already bought new motors and regulators for both right and left side. Did the right front side today and it worked great, but the left is still not working. I suspected that I got a motor that was no good but I plugged the new motor into the right side wiring since I had both door panels off and the new motor and regulator work fine. I don’t see any obvious wire or water damage in the door so I’m suspecting the drivers window switch, which you know is a whole circuit board in the center console. I’m totally stuck now. Anyone know where I can get the circuit board for the center console?? Or anyone have any ideas on what I may have missed?? Any ideas on how to trouble shoot that circuit board and any and all helpful insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help so far. All of you guys have been awesome!

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
Everything you need to know is at the top of this page, 2nd sticky down......

·
Registered
2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE
15 Posts
Related issue (window problem)- The driver's door window has had ongoing problems on this 2000 4.6 HSE. Years ago it was unnecessarily trapping and I was able to get that function immobilized, so that solved that.. a few days ago I took it in to a Bosch Service shop that has done great work on a mercedes of mine, but first time in for the p38. It needed a few minor general maintenance things and had a nasty coolant leak, which he fixed after many others were unable even to find it.. i mentioned the window to him which by now was going off the track and had to be pulled upward to get it closed. He worked on the window, now much improved- staying on track and reaching closing fully but it is still closing much slower than all the other windows. Could this be a motor issue, possibly on it's way out? Any ideas on this/feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE
15 Posts
Btw Richard G- feel free to lecture on this (lol). You clearly know your stuff p-38 related.
Go on then..

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
Could be a tired motor, could need some lube, who knows? You've got it in front of you, I haven't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts