RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over 40 mph or so I get quite a bit of wind noise and air leakage where the top of the drivers door meets the body. All the weatherstrip appears to be in fine shape. I asked a local body shop about it and they said the top of the door/window frame could probably be gently bent to get a better fit. At some time prior to my ownership the door must have been replaced or worked on but other than the fit at the top the seams line up and it operates perfectly. Was the body shops suggestion viable or nonsense? If the latter what could be done?

Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Makes perfect sense. Could be a basic as someone leaving a jacket or beach blanket on the roof and hanging down and slamming the door. The window frame can easily be sprung and it doesn't take much of change to get wind noise or rain leakage.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
The OP has already stated that the seals are in fine shape. Why would he replace them?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
well I have 362K miles on one of my P38s with original seals and no leaks or noises. My seals are just fine, they are pliable with no nics. Give the OP a little credit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts