RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally, I found the noise that was produced at speeds above about 60/70 miles per hour. It comes mainly from rear-view mirrors. On the highway, when you start to hear the noise, I tried to fold them and the result was that the noise decreased significantly. I would like to know if it is something common to other vehicles or if perhaps my mirrors are badly adjusted and the air produces such noise. Thank you

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
245 Posts
Might this be the same noise as the low frequency hum supposedly from the grilled cowl in front of the windshield that some L322s (including mine) make at speeds >50 MPH? I heard that the cowl was the source. Perhaps two different noises and sources?

When in doubt, I blame squirrels. And I'm never wrong. :)

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
well considering neither one of you have put your Rover's info in your signatures there no way of knowing If TC's post is even accurate. Yes the cowl can shrink away from the windscreen. in 2006 and about 2009 the windscreen finisher can come loose if not properly anchored by installer replacing the windscreen.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, it is a different noise. It changes when I fold the mirrors.

I updated my profile to show my RR model, but not sure where exactly it must be done. I selected model and year, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts