RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a 2003 Mk3 for under $5k, I sent the seller an email assuming there was a 1 missing (making it $14890).
Here is the reply I got, and the reply I sent.....

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in my car.This is a 2003 Land Rover Range Rover HSE.Options/Features include Xenon Headlights, Heated Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Power Folding Mirrors, Adjustable Air Suspension, Park Distance Control Sensors front and rear, Navigation System with 2007 Discs, BMW V8 motor, Power Seats with Memory, Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors, etc. Keyless entry, AM/FM Radio with 6 Disc CD Changer, Harmon Kardon Sound System, Side Markers and Tail Lights upgraded to 2006 model, and a lot more.
Mileage: 99,123 miles
VIN: SALMB11423A114916
Here you can find more pictures of the car: http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy95/infolandrov/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches and no dents.It has never been involved in an accident.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.It comes with US clear title which will be signed and notorized in the buyer's name.Have original manuals and all keys.

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in Alaska.The car is here with me.The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. In order to be able to register this car here in Alaska the buyer would have to pay very high taxes that will double the price.

The price is $4,890.00 including shipping from Alaska and delivery to your home address.So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you
Sgt.Grace Kim

My reply.....

Nice try.

Will they ever give up? :snooty:

Martin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I know those emails as well,

I saw a nice 2003 RR here on Montreal Kjiji, after I wrote them:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Rover. The car is still available and it's in an excellent shape inside-out, always garage kept, never smoked inside, and it has never been involved in any accidents. The reason I'm selling it is because it's the only asset I have that can be turned fast into cash to pay off the mortgage as soon as possible. We are from Whitehorse, Yukon and the car is here with us. If you are interested in buying it, shipping is about $800, which I agree to pay half of it, just in case you are not able to come and pick it up.

The transaction will be managed by the eBay Purchase Protection team, so everything will go smooth. You will receive the car for inspection before you make any payment to me. If you are interested in completing this deal with us, just give me a reply as soon as possible. I will reserve the car for you and also give you more details about the car and how to complete this transaction with us. Final price $9,000.00.

Thank you,
Gloria

I replied that I have a friend in Whitehorse and that he'll come to have a look at it, and pay a deposit. Never ever heard anything from Gloria...

The Trick is that you have to pay them the half of the deliverycosts in advance via paypal or western union.
After that you will wait for nothing, but the others will have 400$ more for typing some emails.

Other Story to follow... Chris

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jmason said:
Forgive me for not understanding, but what exactly is going on? Why the "nice try" reply?
Hmmmmmm, SCAM maybe? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I found a 2004 for sale on ebay.co.uk a few years ago for very cheap money. The car was in Belgium but still on UK plates.
Usual bull about local taxes for registering it over there, so I managed to string the seller along and waste their time for a few weeks asking silly questions such as "has the flux capacitor been changed as they tend to go on 2004 models" etc.

When I announced that my brother would be in Belgium on business and pending his inspection I would buy, it all went quiet.

·
Registered
405 Posts
leftlanetruckin said:
jmason said:
Forgive me for not understanding, but what exactly is going on? Why the "nice try" reply?
Hmmmmmm, SCAM maybe? :lol:
got it. the second post made more sense for a scam, but i didn't catch it in the first one

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem mate.
They are getting more original though arent they?
Funny thing is, it was advertised in Craigslist in Columbia, Mo :lol:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Hmmmmm don't want to say I told ya so but.. :roll:
Sorry Martin...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts