RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really like the 2010 rims and would like to put them on my 2006 RRS.
there is a guy who has a set of 20s and 22s of the same wheel. I would like to go 22s but just want to know if the specs are right. i dont want to have to do any modification to fit the wheel and certainkly do not want it affecting the air suspension of the car. Also, what tires can i run with 20s and 22s respectively that wont require additional modifications to fit? Also, i know the bigger the wheel the lesser the ride quality. For those that have used both 20s and 22s on their RRS, which do you prefer please.
Please advise....thank you gurus :D

for reference, here is link to an image of the rims (dont know how to post pics on this forum yet) : http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4761/dscn0435.jpg
here are specs for the 22s:

Finish: Gunmetal Machined Face
Rims size: 22 X 10" front & rear
Bolt Pattern: 5 X 120
Offset: 45mm front & rear
Hub Bore: 72.6 hub centric to factory specs

Here are the specs for the 20s:

Finish: Gunmetal Machined Face
Rims size: 20 X 9.5" front & rear
Bolt Pattern: 5 X 120
Offset: 50mm front & rear
Hub Bore: 72.6 hub centric to factory specs

·
Registered
543 Posts
Log.

The wheels aren't a problem for fitment to earlier edition RRS's ! The more important concern is if your steering rack has a dampened or non-dampened model ?

What colour is your MY2006 RRS, as I've mentioned before darker tones require a much larger diameter wheel to make them 'look' right instead of smaller rims.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my RRS is silver. how do I find out if the steering rack is dampened or non-dampened? and what is the effect of a larger wheel on both kinds of steering rack?

thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Log-on, Log-off.

Here's the earlier attachment from a past TSB article ! If your RRS is the HSE model, no greater than 20" rolling stock would be me suggestion with 285mm tyres ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.[attachment=0:89q2f270]20-inch Wheel Installation Limitations.pdf[/attachment:89q2f270]

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts