RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have a USB one. Essentially the OBD port on a car is a serial port, however serial is too old school for me. I got mine for under 10 bucks and love the little thing. I can't say if it will work with the EAS unlock suite. However, for the price, you really can't go wrong. Often times they come with free software that can read codes and clear them and can also read real time data like the temps and voltages, etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Short Answer: No it will not.
Long answer: The reason being the wiring scheme used to communicate on Generic OBDii cables and the wiring to communicate with EAS is different. So it will not work with eas unlock.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
666 Posts
Ditto re buying from Story ie I'd prefer to buy a proven product from a dedicated supplier and hopefully his new product will come to fruition - haven't needed any repairs until now but noticed EAS compressor is running way too long so for £19 UK Sterling I've ordered a lead on e bay which comes with Story's programme to save me downloading to see if it's a LEAK or SENSOR calibration or .............??????????????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive seen the ones on Ebay UK, but not practical to me being in the US. irscott can you tell me exactly where you got yours? ie which seller? A usb one would also work just fine and since you know yours works i wouldnt have to guess. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts