RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a ROW 1992 RRC without the bumper cans the NAS Rovers got. I'd like to eliminate the wrap-around ends and use the early '80s short bumper ends on the front and rear. Will the rubber chunks fit the later bumpers? Are both early and late bumpers crimped at the ends, or is the early '80s bumper straight ended like the '70s bumpers?

Not looking for a backdated look, as the mirrors will always give it away, but would like to trim down the bumper a little.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
My 84 has them..

Ignore oil spill hahaha

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I've got a ROW 1992 RRC without the bumper cans the NAS Rovers got. I'd like to eliminate the wrap-around ends and use the early '80s short bumper ends on the front and rear. Will the rubber chunks fit the later bumpers? Are both early and late bumpers crimped at the ends, or is the early '80s bumper straight ended like the '70s bumpers?

Not looking for a backdated look, as the mirrors will always give it away, but would like to trim down the bumper a little.
long story short yes, the crush cans were not installed until MY95 due to the inception of SRS air bags. even then you can retrofit the old style bumpers on the 95 as the frame rail spacing and mount are identical thru the years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
long story short yes, the crush cans...
Not really interested in the crush cans. I'd like to put the truncated end caps (on the left) on my later bumpers with the wrap-around end caps (on the right).

The under-bumper spoiler will be removed.

BumperEnd-L.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
ah right, my bad, didn't know there was a difference!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts