RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of parts will swap between discos and classics. I have a nice black center console from an '03 disco in my classic and I'm thinking of going back for the whole dash. My center dash bezel is from a disco. Just used a dremel tool to trim down the lip and perfect fit. Can the seats be swapped over? I don't want to splice the seat control wiring yet to use the disco switches on the console. Thinking of getting a steering wheel with stereo switches and putting it in too. But right now my concern is seats. If they'll work, I can get them cheaper than a reupholstery job.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I know d1 would not fits they are a bit narrow, not sure of d2 never tried them. you will loose the memory function on the classic as d2 never came with seat or mirror memory. basically if they fit you loose ability to adjust the drivers d2 seat.
I took the covers out of a 00 d2 and installed them on my classic seat frames, the covers were a bit short. so eventually, I located a good set of seats out of an older classic and retrofitted the covers onto my cushions and seat frames. they worked wonderful.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Lseat.com does both front seat covers for $250. You'll use some sweat and tears putting them on I'd imagine, but then you'd have seats that look new.

·
Registered
136 Posts
one done yesterday. pictures to follow. hope to get the other one done before Christmas, wishfull thinking. I rebuilt the seat switch while it was out and cleaned places I'd never seen before. arm rest was the biggest pain. by the way, what is the switch under the passenger seat for? bad grammer.

geneo

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
switch under the passenger seat is most likely the EAS inhibit switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts