RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, as stated in my last post i am both new to this forum and P38 ownership but when you've all stopped laughing i wonder if anyone can advise me on this?. My Range Rover is a 4.6 HSE, by strange coincidence a friend has just announced that their daily hack (a 1995 Discovery 3.9 with LPG) has failed its MOT monumental style and they are breaking it... first question, would the LPG fit my 4.6? if not, second question, will the 3.9 fit my Range Rover? what would the pit falls be it i do change engines? just wondered if i could avoid a few problems that mine has by changing the whole lot and gaining LPG to boot!
Hope you can help!
Best regards
Simon.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I can't comment on the LPG swap,
however, putting the 3.9L (SLUG) will not only be extremely stupid, but very hard to achieve as 3.9L engines are distributor driven and the 4.6L Engine management system is coil driven. It can be done, but will not be easy or sensible. The truck will also become a complete and utter BORE to drive with the underpowered engine.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Yes LPG swap could be possible but you need to check what kind and brand of install it is.

For a P38, it's very common to use a donut tank but on a Classic, it's not that common.

Anyway it could work with few efforts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts