RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing a set of new tyres.

I currently have the original 7 spoke alloys ... like the ones below:

and I need a new set of tyres all round. I was looking at a set of 275/45 r20. Can anyone tell me for definite if these will fit w/o any rubbing issues on the inner struts ? I dont really want to go down the route of spacers.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
fisha said:
Needing a set of new tyres.

I currently have the original 7 spoke alloys ... like the ones below:

and I need a new set of tyres all round. I was looking at a set of 275/45 r20. Can anyone tell me for definite if these will fit w/o any rubbing issues on the inner struts ? I dont really want to go down the route of spacers.
I have 275/40 R20's and no issues previously had 295/40 R20's with no issues either.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fisha.

Shouldn't have any issues at all, just check which brand of supplier if their tyres come with or without a rubber rim protector ?

I had an situation once with my Vauxhall Carlton GSi3000 as the first series of 18" Goodyear F1 tyres didn't have rim protectors and subsequently the second generation did which conflicted with the front struts, so I fitted Koni dampers which were thinner !

If all else fails, I think a senoir scribe mentioned Toyo do their ST2's in a 265/50R20 fitment which would suit if you're Scottish.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
vinniman said:
Fisha.

Shouldn't have any issues at all, just check which brand of supplier if their tyres come with or without a rubber rim protector ?

I had an situation once with my Vauxhall Carlton GSi3000 as the first series of 18" Goodyear F1 tyres didn't have rim protectors and subsequently the second generation did which conflicted with the front struts, so I fitted Koni dampers which were thinner !

If all else fails, I think a senoir scribe mentioned Toyo do their ST2's in a 265/50R20 fitment which would suit if you're Scottish.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.
I have the Toyo Proxes 275/40 R20 and the fit and grip very well indeed. Also you may like to bear in mind that these tyres can be purchased online with brand new after market 20" or 22" "Stormers" (inc. 20" Black like mine) for a total of about £1000 next day delivery...

Worth knowing about even if you like your existing rims.

PS: Anything less than 50 profile is going to expose your rims to kerbing.... :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts