Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know , just the power plugs, Thx

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
you'd have to check RAVE schematics between GEMS and Bosch.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
You also have 2001 seat side air bags to deal with. I for one would cut the wires from the harness plug at different lengths an wrap them up then use some heat tubing to ensure they are sealed

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You also have 2001 seat side air bags to deal with. I for one would cut the wires from the harness plug at different lengths an wrap them up then use some heat tubing to ensure they are sealed

Since it is an explosive squib in the airbag, it may be a better solution in the long run to connect the airbag wires together, solder, and heat shrink. this way no chance of static or other power getting in there and causing a nasty surprise.
Any munitions experts out there feel free to contradict me......

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,220 Posts
AFAIK the seat outstation is the same, so in theory, yes seats from a later one should plug in.

Regarding the airbag wires - if nobody has cut the connector off already, then just tape the connector up so it doesn't get in the way. The SRS connectors all have shorting connections in them, so when disconnected they do what Bolt has mentioned and short the wires together to prevent anything explosive from happening :) Or if you don't want the connector anywhere (I'd just cable tie it to the underside of the seat base) then do as Bolt suggests and cut it and short the wires together.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies on the subject, I wanted to offer on some front seats that were pretty nice looking. I just don't want to rewire the connectors.
I will short them together and tape em up. thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts