RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 10.5" rim w/35mm offset work on RRS SC and 285-35 tires

I had hit a raised man hole cover last fall with my summer tires and cracked the rim so I had to put the stock 20" rims and tires on it for the winter but now it's time to put back spring/summer tires and need new rims. I bought a set of 7 spoke rims that were 10.5 wide (old rims were 9.5) and have read that they will work with my existing 285/35/22 Continental tires but I'm concerned about the offset. I haven't read in any other thread that this offset is a good or a bad thing with a tire and rim setup like this. I'm hoping someone has tried it and what that result is. Thank you in advance.

2012 RRS SC is the model with no suspension changes.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
Re: Will 10.5" rim w/35mm offset work on RRS SC and 285-35 t

Are these factory rims you are referring to at 10.5? What model are they from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They are NOT factory rims. They are made by a company named Curva and model C300. I bought them from a company called Wheel tech Tuning out of CA.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts

Far too many folks have had issues with aftermarket rims that are not rated for the weight of Rovers. When you add in the lack of specs you can either end up with a rim that is too weak for your rig and road hazards or so overweight your mileage and performance suffer. You are compounding the issue by qoing with much wider rims with a larger diameter. Usually folks stagger the wide rims to the rear and proper width up front to eliminate steering issues and rubbing. Dropping from a 53 offset to 35 will help a little but when adding in the the additional width it may not be enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I very much appreciate your help and reply. Not a happy reply for me but I understand and thank you for the time that it takes to do this. They are already bought so now it's just a matter of how long they will last for and how much I'm willing to put up with the ride comfort.

Thanks again.

Far too many folks have had issues with aftermarket rims that are not rated for the weight of Rovers. When you add in the lack of specs you can either end up with a rim that is too weak for your rig and road hazards or so overweight your mileage and performance suffer. You are compounding the issue by qoing with much wider rims with a larger diameter. Usually folks stagger the wide rims to the rear and proper width up front to eliminate steering issues and rubbing. Dropping from a 53 offset to 35 will help a little but when adding in the the additional width it may not be enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts