RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also posted this in the RRS forum, Ill seek advice from the L405 members as well.

So I previously wrote on this forum seeking advice on where to buy RRS, LR dealership or unaffiliated dealership, and I got some helpful responses. Since then we have been looking at several RRS around the NOVA area. After seeing some RR at the same dealerships, it seems I am leaning more towards the RR due to its cargo increase in the back. My wife likes them but wants to stick with the RRS. Considering this, we usually travel between NOVA to Charlotte with 2 Belgian Malinois that weight 85 and 50 lbs. This is my main concern with the RRS, that we won't have room for the dogs, but my wife thinks other wise.

Comparing the two mechanically,
  • which one is more costly to maintain yearly (assuming no major repairs).
  • does one have a tendency to have more issues than the other?
FYI, the RRS will more than likely be a 16' with 30k miles and the RR will be a 16' with 40k miles as we are "attempting" to stay under 45k.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello I bought a 2016 with 29k CPO till 2023 had a 2006 sport the RR is much better vehicle for your needs and in my experience more reliable. 2016 model year per my research is a good year. Sport is more Bmw the RR you s more Mercedes my advice get a CPO 2016 RR I drive from Philadelphia to Naples with my pup in back great ride great vehicle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello I bought a 2016 with 29k CPO till 2023 had a 2006 sport the RR is much better vehicle for your needs and in my experience more reliable. 2016 model year per my research is a good year. Sport is more Bmw the RR you s more Mercedes my advice get a CPO 2016 RR I drive from Philadelphia to Naples with my pup in back great ride great vehicle.

Huh? in your opinion the RRS is a BMW and the FFRR is a Mercedes?

More reliable yet they share everything?

Odd perspective and experience.

OP we fit our 75lb Weimaraner and 65 lb Shepard/lab mix in my SVR fine for short trips but that’s it for room with seats up. You will not fit a suitcase etc as well.

With three kids and two dogs we would like to get a FFRR to replace the wife’s Escalade ESV but we need the room for family trips. The RR may not be big enough for you. Mechanically they are very similar and share many parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
539 Posts
I'm sure that he is referring to the driving experience. In terms of reliability, they will be essentially the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What do meant was sport is more cockpit tighter firmer ride and RR is more luxurious and has sport and luxury. I have owned Bmw and Mercedes I feel Bmw are more cockpit les leg room firmer ride geared more to sport. Where Mercedes is geared more to luxury with sport integrated. So in retrospect the RR to me is an S class SUV has luxury and sport in one as to size for you big dogs probably be cramped but you could always do a test drive and bring them with. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just drove home a 2020 RRS tonight as a loaner while my 2020 RR is getting serviced. While they certainly share similar DNA, they are two entirely different vehicles. The RR just feels more right as a SUV. I have had several sporty SUVs, including an X5M, and comparatively the RRS just doesn’t do much for me. On the other hand, I’m on my second RR and just love it’s solid, smooth and comparatively commanding feel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree sport is much different than RR as you have also known from past BMW ownership. Sport reminds me of the BMW ride while the RR is more luxurious and reminds me of my S Class ride but in a SUV anyway we're all blessed to be driving one. All the best to you all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts