Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i got a wierd problem i can;t find anything on the web about it, i'll cut a long story short, car been on a ramp to remove all wheels for painting, after this drove off to fill up, ( this is where the fun starts) set off to a slight juddery start heavy steering and an F in the gear select screen !!!! suspension in normal mode only, battery light on, when i stopped to check battery connections, i couldn,t get out of park, turned car off, and started up straight away, gonna check battery today , question is what does the F mean ?. .......please don.t say it.d f**ked :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
989 Posts
F means gearbox fault but may be a flow on fault not a primary fault - you need to get the codes read.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F means gearbox fault but may be a flow on fault not a primary fault - you need to get the codes read.
cheers for the reply .....could it be a battery fault i,ve just been into the "secret" pages and the battery is only showing 11 volts going to have it checked today.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Definitely could be your battery but also your alternator. A faulty alternator often shows up as faults like you have - when I had that issue I had the faults you had but also it would go in and out of low range as well.

When the battery is failing, you will get various faults on start and the obvious low turn over of the engine. BUT you can have a poor battery and the battery light will not come on but if you have an alternator problem the battery light will be on.

Get the codes read and that should point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely could be your battery but also your alternator. A faulty alternator often shows up as faults like you have - when I had that issue I had the faults you had but also it would go in and out of low range as well.

When the battery is failing, you will get various faults on start and the obvious low turn over of the engine. BUT you can have a poor battery and the battery light will not come on but if you have an alternator problem the battery light will be on.

Get the codes read and that should point you in the right direction.
Thanks for the reply…. It’s the alternator ……

1 - 5 of 5 Posts