Range Rovers Forum banner

Wide body kit for the L322????

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  thelokolobo 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a widebody kit available for the L322? I know there is a few companies that make the kit for the sport. Is there a market for this?

#7 ·
AAD said:
My range is a daily driver so it doesn't make since to lift it and put big tires for offroad driving.
That’s the beauty of having a Range Rover, you don’t need to lift it up and put big tyres on. It is perfectly adequate in the rough stuff as stock. Which is why when people modify them for “Street” they are doing the car a disservice.
Although no race car a RR tops out at 130mph and has a respectable 0-60 time, it also handles better than most family cars if you know how to drive it. And you can still drive it up a mountain should you choose to. I see no reason for limiting it’s ability.

But as already mentioned at the end of the day it’s your money, LR have quite obviously chosen the market they wish to appeal to judging by the stock chrome you can now order form the factory. They used to be for the English Gentleman or well off land owner – now they seem more popular with the B grade “Celebrity” or wannabe’s

#8 ·
I cannot tell people how to spend their hard earned dollars, but I would advise against it. Don't distort the simple, timeless, purposeful lines of the Range Rover with a garish body kit. There are so many tarted up tired L322s roaming the streets already desecrated by baller-on-a-budget body kits and Wal Mart rims (not that that's what your plan is, necessarily) that it ruins the image of the vehicle. And don't forget about resale either. The next buyer will appreciate a simple unmolested vehicle a lot more than one that has too many "personal" touches. Why not just save for the 2010?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.