RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you other P38 owners wondered why our awesome vehicle would be completely ignored by ARB? ARB even offers a bumper for the Range Rover Sport, but not the 4.0 or the 4.6. Maybe we should all send them emails or letters asking them to consider making a bumper for the P38. They can be reached at:

ARB 4x4 Accessories
720 SW 34th Street
Renton, WA 98057
Tel: (425) 264 1391
Fax: (425) 264 1392
Toll Free: (866) 293-9078
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
Joined
·
27,725 Posts
This subject has been brought up several times with the folks here at ARB. They do alot for the local PCRC club as well as the ABFM events and are super guys to wrok with. Long and short there simply is not enough interest in aftermarket products for the P38.
 

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even the most recent P38s, the 2002s, are now listed at under $10K on Kelly Blue Book. They are great off-road. What if interest starts to build now that these babies are a reasonable price. Let's make some noise and get our vehicle the respect is deserves from the aftermarket supplies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Count me in. I'll sign up to the 'ARB show the P38 some bars' list for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Looks good to me - where to buy?
 

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great find JeremyD! I emailed this owner and can let everyone know what I find out when I get a reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
I got a reply from the seller and he said it came with the vehicle and has no info on the bar :(
Is RockRover still in business? How many guys want to order front and/or rear bars?

Perhaps we could do a RR.net bulk order?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
zem said:
I got a reply from the seller and he said it came with the vehicle and has no info on the bar :(
Is RockRover still in business? How many guys want to order front and/or rear bars?

Perhaps we could do a RR.net bulk order?
I would be.
I tried to order 1 in the spring, but things suddenly went quiet on the
email front. I had arranged shipping from USA, and got myself a paypal
account to make that side of things easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
HI I INSTALLED MY FRONT BAR ABOUT 12 MONTHS IT HAS DONE 5000 KM
WITH THE WINCH IT IS 9000LBS BAR WASN'T THAT EXPENSIVE
GOT IT FROM HARDY RANGE IN AUSTRALIA, I AM HAPPY
IF U LIKE MORE PHOTOS OF THE INSTALLATION CAN POST
thanks. JOHN
 

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
q-rover said:
zem said:
I got a reply from the seller and he said it came with the vehicle and has no info on the bar :(
Is RockRover still in business? How many guys want to order front and/or rear bars?

Perhaps we could do a RR.net bulk order?
I would be.
I tried to order 1 in the spring, but things suddenly went quiet on the
email front. I had arranged shipping from USA, and got myself a paypal
account to make that side of things easier.
Now that we have underbody protection, maybe we could produce one in Europe but bear in mind that it'll look as the OEM one in order to pass MOT.
No bull bar, nothing illegal :roll:. Far away from Hardy and Rockrover designs that i really like but do not suit european ****ing regulations.
Quentin, if you follow me, we need at least another european guy in the team 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
I'm not too fussed about a front bumper, and it seems a DII one can be made to fit,
so I don't think a new design is neccesary. Also I have yet (in 15 yrs) to need a winch
on my vehicle.
The rear on the other hand. :shock:
I miss not being able to carry a spare tyre, with 265.75x16 boots, it's not easy.
I felt very uncomfortable not having one when in the Pyrenees, and with plans to travel
further afield (Iceland, East Europe, Morrocco, etc) I feel I need one.
The Rockrover one seems good as it also has a jerrycan carrier, i was going to retrofit
lights into/ onto it as well.
I tried the one from Aus first, but the freight soon killed that project, and as mentioned
when I thought everything was ready for ordering with RR, it went very quiet.

I'm looking at possibility of swapping to a Defender. :shock: :crybaby2:
 

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
q-rover said:
I'm not too fussed about a front bumper, and it seems a DII one can be made to fit,
so I don't think a new design is neccesary. Also I have yet (in 15 yrs) to need a winch
on my vehicle.
The rear on the other hand. :shock:
I miss not being able to carry a spare tyre, with 265.75x16 boots, it's not easy.
I felt very uncomfortable not having one when in the Pyrenees, and with plans to travel
further afield (Iceland, East Europe, Morrocco, etc) I feel I need one.
The Rockrover one seems good as it also has a jerrycan carrier, i was going to retrofit
lights into/ onto it as well.
I tried the one from Aus first, but the freight soon killed that project, and as mentioned
when I thought everything was ready for ordering with RR, it went very quiet.

I'm looking at possibility of swapping to a Defender. :shock: :crybaby2:
I'm in the same boat and a friend of mine too for the rear with a spare tire carrier.

I now use my roof rack for the spare but i'd prefer use it for a roof tent.

We had a quote last winter but it was around 1500 euros which is a lot (the fault to a very low production : 5 items).

Do you think you could come to France for a trip in order to contain the freight cost? :think:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
996TURBO said:
We had a quote last winter but it was around 1500 euros which is a lot (the fault to a very low production : 5 items).

Do you think you could come to France for a trip in order to contain the freight cost? :think:
Well we were in france during the summer, should have popped in. :lol: We camped overnight
about 1 hour west of Paris. :oops:
Also my parents have a house in France, so they drive up and down regulary, not sure either of
their cars are big enough though. :lol:

Anyway, I digress. I think €1500 was about what the RR bumper would cost me to get it to a place
of shipping in the USA, then there was freight from USA> Norway +25% VAT.
So it's not a bad price. :) It's not like it's a competetive market. :|
I have trouble lifting my wheels when changing them, never mind gettting them on to a roofrack. :shock:
 

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I asked ARB if they have considered a front bumper for the P38 and here is the resonse I got. It looks promissing, but if any of you really want to see this happen, please send ARB-USA a letter telling them you want to see an ARB bumper for the P38.

Hi Sean,

A bar for the P38 is on our wish list but no progress yet from Engineering. We'll keep you posted and email you when there is news.

Jim Jackson
President
ARB-USA
720 SW 34TH STREET
RENTON, WA 98057-4814
Tel: 425-264-1391
Fax: 425-264-1392
Email: [email protected]
SKYPE: TRACTIONJACKSON
www.arbusa.com
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The P38 has been around for 15 years now. I think if ARB really wanted to make a bumper they would have. Sounds like there just trying to politely dismiss your inquiry.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top