RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some on here know my skill in buying faulty/damaged products. For those that don't, see http://www.aulro.com/afvb/general-chat/ ... inues.html

Here's the latest effort.

I ordered some EAS repair parts and some desiccant from Rover Renovations in the USA. It arrived yesterday.

Unfortunately, Australian Customs sliced open the sealed foil pack of desiccant (for the air dryer) - it must have shown up in their X-raying of incoming packets and they must have wondered what drugs they'd found.

That wouldn't have been too bad - if they had resealed the packet. But, no, they didn't, so the desiccant spilled throughout the packet.

It's been raining today so the packet got soaked in the letterbox. However, the desiccant did absorb the water! /:(

I don't know if it is ruined or if it can be recovered by drying it in an oven - I shall have to ask Dennis.

Why me? What did I do to deserve this?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
No see if you had just picked it up here in the States and carried it home that wouldn't have happened. :mrgreen:
True.

But that Dayco tensioner pulley I picked up at your place ended up being the wrong one in the right packet. /:(

Elisabeth has asked if I'd like to go to the 2010 RRNET gathering in SFO.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
p38arover said:
rrtoadhall said:
No see if you had just picked it up here in the States and carried it home that wouldn't have happened. :mrgreen:
True.

But that Dayco tensioner pulley I picked up at your place ended up being the wrong one in the right packet. /:(

Elisabeth has asked if I'd like to go to the 2010 RRNET gathering in SFO.

Well return it in person with a demand for your round trip plane ticket and your lodging. :lol: Im sure they will do it. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
p38arover said:
What did I do to deserve this?
It's what makes you the man you are today - And you Sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

Besides, If you really wanted a hassle free life, you would be driving a Land Cruiser :shhh:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Sorry I missed this one, been out of touch a little lately....

Yes you can dry it out, spread it out on a cookie sheet (buy a new one so SWMBO doesn't get too mad, but it's essentially sand....) 200F in an oven for about 6 hours, overnight is fine. I have no idea what it'd be in Celsius, just a low heat is all that's needed.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dennis, I'll do that.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts