RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 RR HSE. 2nd owner. Purchased it about 3 months ago and my Sirius radio IS working, yet I never signed up. Is this just left over from the previous owner?

Also, is there a way to see a list of the stations or do you have to go through them 1 by one?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Sirius does not have the brightest folks behind the counter. I had 2 years free with them because they forgot to put an expiration on my account after I transfered it between cars. A buddy of mine has yet to sign up and he is on year three with his Chrysler and Sirius. Enjoy it until they figure it out. It's not like they can back bill you. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Mine has been working since i bought my RR used... stations are listed on the sirius/xm website. I don't ask questions. My speculation is that there may be a lifetime subscription which is tied to the unit in my vehicle. :think:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will milk it as long as I can. Hopefully they dont shut it off when I need it the most, out in the middle of nowhere with no radio reception...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Yes, there was indeed a lifetime subscription option back when I signed up for Sirius 4/5 years ago, I don't think it is offered anymore. It is tied to the receiver's electronic serial number and is transferable to a new receiver by the original subscriber for a small fee. But, if the previous owner of your car no longer has sat radio on his new car (or just doesn't care about listening to Sirius anymore), you may be in luck and enjoy free programming until you get rid of your RR - or Sirius XM files for bankruptcy and goes out of business, whichever occurs first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That happened with me when I purchased my pre-owned 2006 RR HSE. I called to subscribe to Sirius but they told me that the previous owner had paid for the lifetime subscription and so I milked it for a while. Then one day it stopped working. I called Sirius again asking why it was not working and they told me that the account is not transferable and so I would need to subscribe to an account (which I thought was BS). So then my roommate just added my car to his account to get a cheaper rate and I pay about $8/month which is well worth it.

Regarding the list of channels, just go to the Sirius website and you can get the list there. But I found all the channels I personally liked by going through each one when I had an extra 30 min to spare so I knew for sure if I liked that station or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts