RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my RR! I am so pleased so far ... I was scheduled to get a 2005 Maya Gold, then a Tonga Green and neither worked out, so I decided to crack and spend a little extra and get a 2006 Zambezi Silver.

I don't know.. maybe its just me but I haven't seen many navy/parchment/black interiors... I suppose the color scheme is just a bit more rare..or is it? I do like it though, can't complain... its something different. The seat piping looks nice around the navy seats.

However, is there a reason why my headrest is a bit different than most RRs I've seen. It isn't the norm. It kind of looks like a 2010 headrest. I wanted to get a few opinions to as why my head rest seems to be a bit bigger/longer and oddly shaped than most RR's Ive seen.. see pic.. Did a search and searched google and came up with nothing, not even pics.

thanks in advance guys!

PS, sorry for the bad pic, it is a pic taken from the dealership's website and it is apparently the only one where a headrest is visible, but I think you should get the idea.. :)

the rear seats look like this (but navy/parchment color scheme)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Why does my RR have rare/strange headrests and color scheme?

Congratulations on your new ride!

I can't speak for the color scheme, but if I'm not mistaken, the shape of the front headrests as pictured are found with the Luxury Package.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

JagFan said:

I can't speak for the color scheme, but if I'm not mistaken, the shape of the front headrests as pictured are found with the Luxury Package.

Ahhh I see... thanks for quick reply... so the "luxury" package has different headrests eh.. anything else? had no clue, salesman didn't mention it :oops:

and thanks for the congrats! much appreciated!!! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts

JagFan said:

yep that's it. If you don't have the factory DVD entertainment that is what your headrest will look like when you indeed have the luxury package (to include leather on the dash, armrests, door pulls and center console, ski bag and cargo divider netting).

Lets see some more pics of the inside of your truck. That's a nice color palatte you have there!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

it should be ready any moment now :p

waiting on the dealer... very exciting day!

according to rr.net the luxury package also includes adaptive lightning? Is this true? this is kind of a bonus since the online listing and sales associate from the dealership never even mentioned this (its a BMW dealership, maybe that's why haha).

Ill post some pics in the next coming days, probably tonight or tomorrow :p

·
Registered
144 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Looking forward to seeing pics. Have fun!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

Love that color! My headrests are the same/different color

·
Registered
30 Posts

That's the lux pkg for sure. More comfy and hugs the driver/passenger better than the standard on the HSE. The unusual headrest/color scheme comes as a premium over the base price; so you should feel good about it. :clap: Or just let me know if you wanna trade for my '04 HSE Zambezi silver.... :think:

·
Registered
952 Posts

Nice interior indeed.

Some of the lux interior colors are kind of bizarre and perhaps better appreciated in Europe :think: but yours is nice and a definite upgrade from the standard interior.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hey guys.. thanks again for the compliments, much much appreciated! :)

I'll take some pics later on tonight or tomorrow and post em' (even though I'm sure you have all seen this scheme before).

Day 4 w/ the new RR and I am really enjoying it. I originally was in the market for a 05/06 Lexus LX 470, but I found that the RR felt more safe and had a better turning radius and in general had more value.

:eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts

im sure the front headrests are from the VOGUE models.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
143 Posts

Hi.

In the UK your front head rest are fitted to Vogue derivatives as standard, you guys know our Vogue specs as HSE's. In the UK the HSE is a lesser specd model to the Vogue and the headrests are plain oval. I'm not sure if the USA has a lesser specd model equivalent to the UK HSE.

The seating in the Vogue (your HSE) is called the Oxford and has more electrical adjustment and better profiling than in the HSE.

The rear head rests you show are not (nor I think ever have been) sold in full size RR in the UK and look more like and after market thing to me. Has your rig been messed about with inside?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts