RangeRovers.net Forum banner

What were your five most important RR buying priorities:

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about the reasons we decide to buy and run a Range Rover and thought it might be interesting to see what members buying priority's where/are:

In order my full ten:

Family Safety
Size/Space
Engine Size/Power
4X4 Capability
Land Rover Brand
Cabin/Seating Comfort
Style/Looks
Climate Control/Heated Seats/Packages
Infotainment Systems
Running Costs

You can also vote for you top five above.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
1. Family Safety
2. 4x4 Capability
3. Cabin/Seating Comfort

Everything else is pretty much equal for me... brand/prestige and all that are pretty much my last concern. Few things are more annoying than people who know nothing about me who act like I'm a rich elitist because I drive a RR (little do they know that it is 5 years old and probably me cost less than their Toyota Prius). Amazingly, I've had such people confront me out of nowhere a couple of times in parking lots, etc. To me it seems ironic that a car like the Prius attracts such eco-righteous activists who drive around dispensing judgment with the rabid zeal of a thousand Ann Coulters. I'd be willing to bet that I am otherwise far more environmentally friendly and care more about the outdoors than most of these people. Gas mileage is one of the last factors to consider when deciding if a car is good or bad for the environment. The Toyota Prius is actually one of the worst cars you could drive if you worry about the environment.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made a mistake. Further thought reminded me that I switched to the FFRR as opposed to my RRS & LR3's due the amazing Cabin/Seating Comfort. :doh:

Family Safety
Cabin/Seating Comfort
Size/Space
4X4 Capability
Engine Size/Power
Style/Looks
Land Rover Brand
Climate Control/Heated Seats/Packages
Infotainment Systems
Running Costs

·
Registered
159 Posts
darrinturner said:
Because we can
:lol:

i bought mine b/c i wanted something rugged enough for the wife to beat up while still maintaining good looks and elegance. try that with a mercedes s class. ok actually you don't have to because i HAVE. doesn't work. she banged the krap out of the amg rims and the paint job was trashed within a year. that all = a car that doesn't look so hot anymore. with the range it can take a beating and still clean up really nice... easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great vehicle to tow my GT3 on its open Trailex to the track!

Actually had the 2003 before I got into track events. A very comfortable, practical vehicle when you need to have cargo capacity or modest towing capacity.

I just bought a pre-owned 2008 HSE, and it tows even better than the 2003. The cruise control will maintain speed on hills, which the 2003 does not do well at all.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The main reason is not on the list IMO. There a lot of perfect cars however the RR has a unique "personality". After owning some perfect cars that bored me to death, I vowed to only buy cars that had personality and a certain passion to them. Those have included a Mercedes G, Lotus Exige and the Rover. They are just a lot more fun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually, I bought mine because shallow women love them and it gives the perception that I'm a classy, professional, educated man and they THINK I have money. They THINK I paid $80+k for a RR when I only paid $20k. Most don't know the difference between a 2010 and an '04. All they care about is that it's a sexy azz black on black Range Rover.

Also, I like the envy in peoples eyes when I pull up at the light and they're in their Escalades with 26 inch rims and wish they were driving a Range because my stock factory Range SHYTS on their tricked out Escalades and Tahoes.

Also, I look **** good driving it. I've been told it enhances my sex appeal. A all grey Burberry London Tweed Pea Coat and a black scarff with some killer sunglasses...Yeah, the broads love it. Women honk at me and wave me down all over DC in my Range.

Also, I like when I have chicks in the truck and they get exited when the air suspension goes up and down. Shallow broads are easy to impress.

Also, I like when I'm at the gas station and people come up to me and after filling up their Lexus Truck or S-Class Benz and say "Hey man, that's my dream car. I love that RR". And I say "If this is your dream car, why are you driving that???? This was my dream car, but I woke up one day and bought it. I no longer have to dream buddy..."

Honestly, that's why I bought my Range. Oh and also because Jay-Z endorses them. Gives them more street cred.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PR4YME said:
Actually, I bought mine because shallow women love them and it gives the perception that I'm a classy, professional, educated man and they THINK I have money. They THINK I paid $80+k for a RR when I only paid $20k. Most don't know the difference between a 2010 and an '04. All they care about is that it's a sexy azz black on black Range Rover.

Also, I like the envy in peoples eyes when I pull up at the light and they're in their Escalades with 26 inch rims and wish they were driving a Range because my stock factory Range SHYTS on their tricked out Escalades and Tahoes.

Also, I look **** good driving it. I've been told it enhances my sex appeal. A all grey Burberry London Tweed Pea Coat and a black scarff with some killer sunglasses...Yeah, the broads love it. Women honk at me and wave me down all over DC in my Range.

Also, I like when I have chicks in the truck and they get exited when the air suspension goes up and down. Shallow broads are easy to impress.

Also, I like when I'm at the gas station and people come up to me and after filling up their Lexus Truck or S-Class Benz and say "Hey man, that's my dream car. I love that RR". And I say "If this is your dream car, why are you driving that???? This was my dream car, but I woke up one day and bought it. I no longer have to dream buddy..."

Honestly, that's why I bought my Range. Oh and also because Jay-Z endorses them. Gives them more street cred.
Must pop down to Burberry's and pick up a Pea Coat in the morning :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Because it's so versatile.

During the week I ferry about clients, they still frequently comment positively on it (despite its age). At the weekend it's at home crossing the fields or pulling a cattle trailer, on a night out it looks cool pulling up outside a club, my girlfriend rarely manages to buy enough stuff on a shopping spree that i can't fit it all in the boot. I drove back up from London last night got home with no aches or pains after a completely unstressful run - i really do enjoy owning this car!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Monty said:
Because it's so versatile.

During the week I ferry about clients, they still frequently comment positively on it (despite its age). At the weekend it's at home crossing the fields or pulling a cattle trailer, on a night out it looks cool pulling up outside a club, my girlfriend rarely manages to buy enough stuff on a shopping spree that i can't fit it all in the boot. I drove back up from London last night got home with no aches or pains after a completely unstressful run - i really do enjoy owning this car!
What car.... No signature Monty?

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Bought my first one because I need one vehicle that had 4 wheel drive (snow country), could tow a trailer with my bikes, or track car, and looked good doing it. (OK it also feed my ego). That was 1988.

Same reason for buying number 2 (1995).

Same reasons for buying number 3 (2003) but with some BMW DNA, and it's till giving me what I want.

I did skip the P38s... Just didn't want to give up the extra room that the LWB had.

Total milage for all three: aprox. 900k total miles an still going up.

Mark.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts