Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody;

Deployable Side Steps is available for rr hybrid, rr long but isnt available for rr long hybrid. do u know why? i think they put rr longs side step to rr long hybrid doesnt they?

thank you.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
14 Posts
I ordered mine LWB ATB with SC V8 with the deployable side-steps and was surprise when the car showed up without them. The dealership looked into it and learned that the side-steps will be available for retrofit in Feb or March. They didn't get an answer as to why this was suddenly an issue on the 2017s but it seems like it'll be dealt with soon. I also noticed that the side-steps are not on the USA configurator for 2017s.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
474 Posts
They are available but now under the Accessories section of the configurator as it is a port installed option...

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
They have always been a port installed accessory if selected at the time of ordering. Makes perfect sense not to have a rack of side steps holding up an entire production line when so few people order them. Port installation is outfitted for limited order options they do them on a daily basis and have the experience. They also handle bulk additions like floor mats, all weather mats, toss in the owners manuals etc.

The next step up from port installed options is having them installed at the dealer by a tech that most likely has never installed them before, takes several hours longer and billing reflects that.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
OP is in Turkey where it's apparently available for other models just not for the LWB hybrid.

Ekremus, most of us here have absolutely no clue as the hybrid is not even available in the US. You should ask your dealer, really.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
I did notice the OPs location. Obviously smaller markets have variations in procedures and differing options. However no matter the market there is obviously a way to install them. There is nothing hindering the undercarriage on either SWB or LWB regardless of powertrain. It's a few built in sensors, a couple of feeds and a single button.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not only turkey but also everwhere because i looked at international site's catalogue and also other countries catalogue. In All of the catalogues it is written that deployable side steps isnt available with SDV6 LWB Hybrid
Plus if you want to buy hybrid , you couldnt get all terrain progress control too.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
DSS are not currently available for port or dealer install on 2017's. There is an issue with the interface between them and all the new electronics, we received a bulletin stating they are working on a new harness.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
Ouch. Wonder if they were interfering with the 360 parking sensors. That's really the only thing I can think of that is under there.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
The hybrid battery pack is the same for SWB and LWB is the same... so I have been informed. If indeed that is true then surely the LWB DSS could be redesigned for the benefit of all LWB models without leaving the hybrid folks out of an option.

Of course at this time it is a dead subject as DSS is not available for the 2017 model year at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.