RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a test drive tonight of a V8 Supercharged 2014 RRS. It was amazing!

I will be putting down a deposit soon for order, but am trying to decide between a fully loaded V8 SC or the ATB. The salesman wasn't able to tell me what extra an ATB offered over a fully loaded V8 SC (so w/ dynamic package).

The difference in price from a fully loaded SC is about $4,000, but the only difference I can see is that the ATB comes with the mood lighting (which I do think is cool, but not for $4k) and the tri-tone seat color (which I'm not interested in and will be going for the mono-tone tan seats).

Does anyone see another difference? If those are the only two differences, I can't see spending $4k for mood lighting alone.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Just took a test drive tonight of a V8 Supercharged 2014 RRS. It was amazing!

I will be putting down a deposit soon for order, but am trying to decide between a fully loaded V8 SC or the ATB. The salesman wasn't able to tell me what extra an ATB offered over a fully loaded V8 SC (so w/ dynamic package).

The difference in price from a fully loaded SC is about $4,000, but the only difference I can see is that the ATB comes with the mood lighting (which I do think is cool, but not for $4k) and the tri-tone seat color (which I'm not interested in and will be going for the mono-tone tan seats).

Does anyone see another difference? If those are the only two differences, I can't see spending $4k for mood lighting alone.
The seats are definitely the biggest difference that I know of. And a couple of badges :)
If you're going fully loaded, with every option, the price will be about the same so $4k for ATB is not a bad idea cause resale should be higher for ATB as well. It's also a lot more exclusive.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mood lighting as well. The contrasting roof is free of charge. All in all if your fully loaded I think it basically 600 more to get the exclusive seats and the mood lighting. I tried it a few ways on the configuration. I went ATB.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seats are definitely the biggest difference that I know of.
You mean just the option for tri-tone right? There isn't any kind of upgraded leather or anything with the ATB seats over the SC Dynamic is there?

I tried it a few ways on the configuration. I went ATB.
Which color seats did you go with Birdie3?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe that ATB also changes the upper door and mid-dash material with stitched leather. Possibly also parts of upper dash leather too. So, I think it's just extended leather appointments and badges. I thought the configurable mood lighting can be added to any V8 trim, or is it additional mood lighting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You mean just the option for tri-tone right? There isn't any kind of upgraded leather or anything with the ATB seats over the SC Dynamic is there?
I believe the ATB seats also have a different stitching and padding pattern even when done in single tone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the configurable mood lighting can be added to any V8 trim, or is it additional mood lighting?
I'm just talking about the regular configurable mood lighting. Unless the RRS Specifications brochure I have from the dealership is wrong, it's ATB only.

"Customer Configurable Interior Mood Lighting
New levels of ambient refinement and personalization have been reached with
the option of customer configurable lighting. Using a combination of colored
LEDs, this feature allows occupants to vary the shade, changing the ambience
of the cabin to suit their mood. There are ten colors in total to suit every taste
and mood, ranging from Spark Blue through to Ice White and Racing Red.
(Available with Autobiography only)."

·
Registered
306 Posts
There a a few extras you get like the lower painted sills with the contrast roof as well as the things the others have mentioned. Build both on the website and print them out then you can compare apples to apples like I did when I was going to get the Sport. IMHO I think the $4k is worth it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
two other small details (I'm sure there is a bunch)
1.) different color (and I think metal) paddle shifters
2.) metal brake/gas pedals

·
Banned
144 Posts
i axed myself the same question after I ordered a SCV8 and ended up changing the order to an Autobiography last night.

i think the $4k is worth it for resale value alone, as someone already mentioned.

final build (for now... haha):

Autobiography
Causeway Grey w/ Black contrast roof
22" ATB wheels
Black/Lunar/Cirrus 3-way leather interior
Cirrus headliner
Dark Machined Aluminum trim
crazy expensive sound system

·
Registered
91 Posts
nice - I just switched to the 22's from the standard 21's; they really grew on me from order to last change date

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
60 Posts
I've been running into this issue and was hopping someone would clarify. When selecting the "Dynamic Package" for the SCV8 (US) it says that selecting the option will give all the gloss black options (mirrors, hood vents,etc) as the ATB. But on the preview picture these areas remain unchanged. Is this an error with the preview image or is this an error in the description of the "Dynamic Package"?

I personally can't see how stitched leather and an ATB badge can make up for $4,000 in difference b/t a loaded V8SC and ATB. Would be good if someone could clarify or had some hard facts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've been running into this issue and was hopping someone would clarify. When selecting the "Dynamic Package" for the SCV8 (US) it says that selecting the option will give all the gloss black options (mirrors, hood vents,etc) as the ATB. But on the preview picture these areas remain unchanged. Is this an error with the preview image or is this an error in the description of the "Dynamic Package"?

I personally can't see how stitched leather and an ATB badge can make up for $4,000 in difference b/t a loaded V8SC and ATB. Would be good if someone could clarify or had some hard facts.

Thanks in advance.
Did you read the 13 previous posts? The members have listed the differences. Also try building both on the website to list the differences.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Answered one of my own questions I think....

Looks like the TFT panel doesn't change either, so I'm guessing it's a preview problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you read the 13 previous posts? The members have listed the differences. Also try building both on the website to list the differences.
You didn't read my question apparently. I am aware of the differences....and I have built both.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Its interesting because like 3 months ago when I did the side-by-side build the difference was like $900 for my car as ABT or loaded with Dynamic. Today I did it and your right it was like $3450 difference on my build (I had the contrasting roof). I wonder what they either added or dropped...

That said you do get the color updates with the dynamic packages as it says.

I also noticed that with dynamic you couldn't get the black wood inside. Very wierd. You used to be able to choose that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts