RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not sure why the post is blank so I'm reposting;

I just bought a '17" SCV8 Dynamic with 22" wheels (my '12 RRS Sport is still running strong and so it's been bequeathed to my wife) which probably wouldn't have been my first choice but they do look good. I was pretty sure I couldn't run my two favorite tires - Copper Zeons and Blizzaks - which I've now confirmed. The 285 45 22 Blizzak was too close for comfort especially near the shock tower - the Discount Tire guys were very patient in trying out the fit. It looks like the only fit is a Pirelli Scorpion Winter which is supposed to be a good snow tires but not as much of a pure snow tires as the Blizzak - although will probably drive better. I guess I'll run the Conti LX whatevers until they wear out but now sure what I'll after that for Summer rubber.

My question is for those of you running 22"s - how do you like them and what do you run? Or do you change out to 20"s in the winter? If you do change what rims are you using? I live in Colorado and drive to the mountains almost every weekend, and I do some off-road driving - or at least I did in the RRS '12 - maybe my wife will let me borrow hers when o go off-road ;-)

thanks -

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 22” inch wheels on my 2015 RRS, I switched to the Pirelli Scorpion for the winter.
They’re quite a hard and noisy tyre, they don’t have the noise dampening foam inside them like the performance tyres do.

They handle pretty well in the snow here in Michigan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts