RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Quicksilver exhaust for this engine and was wondering what the exhaust pipe size is. Im thinking it's anywhere between 64mm to 76mm?

Does anyone have pipe size for any exhaust? I know magnaflow advertises 2.5" (63.5)

Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Looking at the Quicksilver exhaust for this engine and was wondering what the exhaust pipe size is. Im thinking it's anywhere between 64mm to 76mm?

Does anyone have pipe size for any exhaust? I know magnaflow advertises 2.5" (63.5)

Ive watched countless videos on exhaust systems for the 5.0 S/C and just can’t find one that sounds good. This is perhaps the only vehicle I’ve seen so far that is best left with stock pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I should second the above. I wanted to mess with it at one time. Glad the tension has released quick..There's a chance of making it sound like someone Scion with an after market attachment...

I can't argue that I like Gwagon AMG sound, but don't think it's achievable on RRS

·
Registered
142 Posts
Makes a huge difference with the resonator removed. It is a lot louder but it’s also comfortable at reached speeds, I can only hear it inside the cabin when accelerating. Best mod for 70 bucks plus you can always have it welded back on. Imo no need to spend a lot of money for exhaust.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
380 Posts
Bang for buck, just replace the resonator and centre silencer box with straight or X pipes.

Cheap as chips, and sounds great (y)

·
Registered
120 Posts
After my recent motor install I did the Magnaflow catback - part number 15579.

It definitely sounds a bit beefier, zero resonance. I like it, but not sure I would pay the $ if I had to do it over again.

I'm currently waiting on some de-cat pipes from Supersprint (4 month backorder due to Italian Covid issues) which should wake it up . . . . .

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport Red Limitied Edition
37 Posts
Bang for buck, just replace the resonator and centre silencer box with straight or X pipes.

This interests me.. how many others have done this??? And your thoughts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There is a whole thread about this, and every one is pretty happy with it, look it up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After my recent motor install I did the Magnaflow catback - part number 15579.

It definitely sounds a bit beefier, zero resonance. I like it, but not sure I would pay the $ if I had to do it over again.

I'm currently waiting on some de-cat pipes from Supersprint (4 month backorder due to Italian Covid issues) which should wake it up . . . . .
Back to the original thread post! What size exhaust? I already have the resonator deleted and it is beastly. Im not looking for sound but bigger pipe size, i was told the magnaflow is 2.5" (64mm) ID all the way through.... i recently purchased an exhaust from a reputable company and recieved a system that's 57mm OD! There's no way im paying $1400 for a smaller than stock exhaust!

·
Registered
10 Posts

I tried to get this simple mod done, but seems no shops in my area wants to do it. Then I realized there was an idiotic noise pollution bylaw, which makes it illegal to modify exhausts in my area. So now I know why no shops wanted to touch it and I was very disappointed...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Finally uploaded my exhaust sound with the big heart looking resonator removed and replaced by pipes, check it out.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am enjoying my newly quiet (again) 5.0 S/C after a noisy idler pulley was replaced, it had been adding an extra groan to my lower RPM range. Sounded like a lower pitched supercharger that faded out just as the actual S/C kicked in.

When you crouch down next to a running 5.0, you should only hear fan and the direct injection from the front of the vehicle. That’s it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am enjoying my newly quiet (again) 5.0 S/C after a noisy idler pulley was replaced, it had been adding an extra groan to my lower RPM range. Sounded like a lower pitched supercharger that faded out just as the actual S/C kicked in.

When you crouch down next to a running 5.0, you should only hear fan and the direct injection from the front of the vehicle. That’s it.

I suspect a have a bad bearing in one of my pulleys. It doesn't groan on initial start but after it's been running for a while... you can hear it only at idle and from inside the cabin, can't really hear it from outside.

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport Red Limitied Edition
37 Posts
Finally uploaded my exhaust sound with the big heart looking resonator removed and replaced by pipes, check it out.

Is this the front one or back one you took out?....yours might be different than my 2013 though. I don't see a heart shaped one on mine

·
Registered
590 Posts
I suspect a have a bad bearing in one of my pulleys. It doesn't groan on initial start but after it's been running for a while... you can hear it only at idle and from inside the cabin, can't really hear it from outside.
Worth looking into. Don’t want it to seize up one day. All the accessory pulleys are part of their respective part. Idler gets no love unless someone specifically replaces it because it’s noisy.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Does anyone have pipe size for any exhaust? I know omegle webcam magnaflow advertises 2.5" (63.5)

I can only hear it inside the cabin when accelerating. Best mod for 70 bucks plus you can always have it welded back on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I made 3 videos while installing my new exhaust. I went with the Magnaflow kit #15579. The first video is my RRS with a stock exhaust and the main big resonator removed.

Second video was shot after removing the exhaust just for fun, no piping after the catalytic converters.

Last video is with the magnaflow installed, it's a full cat-back 2.5" exhaust with an x-pipe. The idle has been smoothed out and it's bigger than stock, it's quieter than I hoped but still feels good.

I am going to post up a review between the maganflow and the quicksilver exhaust when I get the chance, along with my reasons for not going with the quicksilver even though I think it would have sounded pretty nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts