RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I'd like to know what do you think about that size?
I'm considering swapping my whole set for that size.

Reason of choice :
-gain some height at the diff (19,5mm)
-that's a very common size in Africa because it's factory on Toyota's

But i do care about :
-extra fuel
-speedo error
-road behaviour

Thanks

Flo

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I had 265/60/18's which is nearly identical... and I loved them. They look like the size the RR's should have come with from the factory. They would run a TINY bit at full lock in access mode though, which was easily cured by just bending the front mud flaps a bit. My speedo was actually more accurate with them on, since it's about 8% fast with the stock size.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. ;)
Too bad that those BF MUD Km2 do not exist in that size.

245/75 or 265/75 ?

Since it will be a offroad only set, i think 265/75 could be allright.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
When I was looking for mud tires I was in the same boat... 265/75/16 or 245/75/16. I guess it depends on how much you plan on stuffing your tires. I think I'd be more apt to go with the 265/75's myself... but I don't see hardly anything that requires maximum articulation here in FL. If I lived near some decent trails, I'd probably go with the 245's.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't forget 255/70/16. A number of the more aggressive M/T tires come in that size, including the BFG KM2. I have the KM2 in that size and they work great.

I think the 245 width is just too narrow. In my opinion it will look silly in the wheel wells. I have 25mm spacers with my 255's just to bring them out flush with the fender wells.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran some MT 235/85 and those don't look that silly. It's almost the same width as my 255/65 AT.

245/75 gives 17,5mm gain of height at the diff
255/70 gives 12,5
265/75 gives 33 mm gain of height at the diff.

Do you have any photos of your Km2 on the truck? Do those look ok with the classy style of the P38 ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are some pictures already on here if you search my posts. If you can wait a week I am about to upload some new stuff. I am in the process of finishing up a custom roof rack with lights and accessories.

Back to the original post - I think it largely depends on the use of the truck. I would be weary of sticking the narrower tires on just to get the added height (i.e. 235/85) as that serves to increase your rollover potential, especially if you drive on the highway at speed.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tjh2dUVA said:
There are some pictures already on here if you search my posts. If you can wait a week I am about to upload some new stuff. I am in the process of finishing up a custom roof rack with lights and accessories.

Back to the original post - I think it largely depends on the use of the truck. I would be weary of sticking the narrower tires on just to get the added height (i.e. 235/85) as that serves to increase your rollover potential, especially if you drive on the highway at speed.
Drove 2000 km with those at 130-140 kmh. No problem at all but i wouldn't do that without air suspension.

Custom roof rack ? Yes i have.

Accessories ? I can't wait for your pics :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tjh2dUVA said:

Found those pictures that i had ever seen a while ago. I love your setup : wheels, tires and wheel spacers. 8)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have BFG allterrains 245/70/16 on mine.They are fine on road and excellent offroad.I had them fitted in South Africa before i moved to the UK.Worked well in the snow here this past winter. :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right but you should update with the 235/85 possibility

1 - 12 of 12 Posts