RangeRovers.net Forum banner

I have Cooper Zeon LTZ's on my Rover

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I just got my second set of 285/60/18s for only $140/each (plus labor and supermega 9.25% California sales tax, $670 gran total) at a local tire shop here in L.A., for the money and the performance these Coopers are truly hard to beat. :thumb:

·
Registered
98 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Looks nice with the bike rack and headlight protectors...only thing missing are some nice dark smoked side markers...

:D
Thanks. Picked up the smoked side markers a couple of weeks ago.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,455 Posts
RayRay,

With that nice setup, you should definitely consider coming to the LR national rally in Leadville in the summer time...obviously leaving the side steps at home. Would be great to have another nicely equipped RRS out there to join the small but growing group of RRS owners heading out on the trails.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So how much does this 285/50 size diminish acceleration and handling on the street compared to the stock 275/40 size? i.e. is it not too noticeable, barely noticeable, or pretty noticeable?

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
JeffW said:
pretty noticeable
Not enough to make me go back to street tires, however. the fact of the matter is that most people don't push the truck anywhere near to the point at which tire choice matters.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Drevs said:
Cool. Where'd you get them and what did they set you back? I'll need a new set someday....
They were $710 shipped from tires-easy.com, but I've got 18s.

PJPR01 said:
ahem...where's the spare tire - nothing like limping home 50 miles offroad with the wrong size spare... :D :D
Yeah, funds are low and I still have to source the spare wheel!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
TripleE said:
Got my Coopers today. Teaser pic:

:mrgreen:
They're...they're... beautiful, 3E. I love the smell of new tires! I can just imagine them perfuming your garage with their Cooper-liscious odor.

I wish those came in a size I could use on my FJ. :crybaby2:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
They're...they're... beautiful, 3E. I love the smell of new tires! I can just imagine them perfuming your garage with their Cooper-liscious odor.
Hahaha, yep, I got a big wiff this morning when I left for work! :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
PJPR01 said:
RayRay,

With that nice setup, you should definitely consider coming to the LR national rally in Leadville in the summer time...obviously leaving the side steps at home. Would be great to have another nicely equipped RRS out there to join the small but growing group of RRS owners heading out on the trails.
Funny you should mention. I have been mapping out the distance and pricing how much it would take to ship my truck out there. Wouldn't want to put that many miles on my truck considering my mileage is getting high anyway. Seeming like at least a couple grand to ship there and back plus flight, etc. Last option would be to tow it out there myself by renting a vehicle and an auto trailer. Don't know how much that would run. Might try and do something the next time they have an event out east. I noticed they did something in Asheville, NC, not long ago. If I went to Colorado, I would definitely buy Offroving's rock sliders not to mention having the winch and undershield installed and pulling the trigger on the expedition roof rack, then the tent, etc., etc., etc., all that would also add to the overall cost of the trip. Thanks for the kind words. Enjoy Leadville, maybe in '10.

·
Registered
98 Posts
JeffW said:
So how much does this 285/50 size diminish acceleration and handling on the street compared to the stock 275/40 size? i.e. is it not too noticeable, barely noticeable, or pretty noticeable?
My pedal spends most of the time on the floor and I immaturely race around and race others regularly. As such, I think it is "pretty noticeable". I don't think you can nail corners the same at the same speeds. I believe a little more sluggish in general. I've had the 20" Copper setup back on for about two weeks this go around and am ready to go back to the 22" BF Goodrich setup. If I only had one set of wheels and tires then I would ask myself. Self? Do I do any off roading or curb jumping at all, then go with the Cooper setup. If I plan on keeping the RRS on the pavement 99% of the time, then go with a street tire that claims off road capabilities like the stock Conti's. Especially if you use the 390 horses regularly. I personally didn't hate the stock Conti's, had several sets of them. They seem to wear quickly but seemed like an overall decent tire. Almost positive this video shows a Supercharged RRS with stock Conti's. Not to shabby in the mud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlO9IvPQQo

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Looks great 3E, you'll love the Coopers so much I suspect your 19s won't see much action after today! Hurry up and get a decent spare though, you make me nervous with those chunky bad boys ready for action, but a wimpy donut (it looks like a compact spare from here? The horror!) under the car. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
umbertob said:
but a tiny donut under the car. :wink:
What?! Where?! I love donuts... :mrgreen:

I had to put them on because I have to get another conti (2nd time!) because it apparently chunked out down to the cords at Moab... They got ripped up pretty bad which I didn't notice until the tire shop went to do my snow tire changeover and spoke the heart sinking "Come look at this...." :evil: Keep your eyes open for a 19 conti will ya? Along with a decently priced single LR3 18... I have just under two months to source one before the Rally.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts