RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just about to pick up my first RR Sport this weekend. As a long time BMW owner, this form has been a wealth of knowledge. My question is, with all the posts regarding problems with the new infotainment system/electronics is anyone not having issues? Also should I request the dealer to do any updates to the vehicle prior to pick up, or should I wait to see how my actual car behaves.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
54 Posts
Keep in mind, most people with no issues or complaints don’t post. Usually, it is when you have a problem that you reach to the forum for answers, so I’m betting that there are plenty people without issues. I, of course, am not one of them. My 2018 RRS is at the dealer now, getting a reflash of the latest software and diagnostics for a “reduced performance” warning that has flashed on twice for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had my RRS SVR for almost 3 weeks. I have had no problems with the dual screens. The only issue they have yet to resolve for me is the ATT SIM card not working. I’m sure by posting this I have jinxed myself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have an SVR on order, but have had a Velar since September with the nearly identical system. I haven't even brought it in for an available update and it works fine. I've gotten so used to it after 6 months that I don't think I want a boring physical button dash anymore. There are times the upper screen has some sluggish performance but it's tolerable. Some people get so angry and worked up over the infotainment systems in most brands but I guess I'm just not that critical. I love how my range rovers have been to drive. So good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My “Reduced Performance” warning was a simple fix. Flawless 2018 RRS now. I say, go for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,781 Posts
Britus, Curve is dead on. FAR more people have flawless ownership of all models of Range Rover than post here about issues. Your blanket statement about "all the posts regarding problems..." is not only misleading but flawed. Many of the "issues" that folks post about are not design problems. They are poor comparisons to other makes due to lack of research prior to purchase. The assumptions many new owners make can be something small to full blown epic melt downs. No matter what make someone is coming from there is never a reason to complain about what is offered at the time they sign on the dotted line. You purchase a vehicle for what is offered and how it is equipped. You do not whine about it after purchase because BMW does something else or Porsche offers something faster.

The overall percentage of folks with real design issues with dual screens and ICE systems across the RR models is very small. The issues are being identified and updates being developed. That does not happen overnight. To ask if anyone is not having issues is an overly simplified question with no possible quantifiable answer of any worth.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Britus, Curve is dead on. FAR more people have flawless ownership of all models of Range Rover than post here about issues. Your blanket statement about "all the posts regarding problems..." is not only misleading but flawed. Many of the "issues" that folks post about are not design problems. They are poor comparisons to other makes due to lack of research prior to purchase. The assumptions many new owners make can be something small to full blown epic melt downs. No matter what make someone is coming from there is never a reason to complain about what is offered at the time they sign on the dotted line. You purchase a vehicle for what is offered and how it is equipped. You do not whine about it after purchase because BMW does something else or Porsche offers something faster.

The overall percentage of folks with real design issues with dual screens and ICE systems across the RR models is very small. The issues are being identified and updates being developed. That does not happen overnight. To ask if anyone is not having issues is an overly simplified question with no possible quantifiable answer of any worth.
This is a great post. (This is my first post btw so go easy on me). I have had my 2018 for a week now and it has had many issues with the Touch Pro Duo system. I can get into details if you want... but would I get rid of it? Naw! Its a new system, I expected some issues but I know they will get sorted out. The main functions of the vehicle work like a charm as they did on my 2014/2015 vehicles.

JLR has never been known for being ahead of the game on tech. The ones I have owned have all been great vehicles, but nothing to get excited about in terms of an electronics wow factor. I feel they are up with, or ahead of many others with this new system and that comes with some learning. Their dealer network needs to know they are selling vehicles AND technology now... Honestly I want that job. I want to go work for a company like JLR who is on the cusp of leading edge in-vehicle tech and already has the vehicle portfolio to back it up. Would be fun to be a part of that evolution!

There is my first post and slight rant. Now off to call the dealer to ask why my camera system doesn't turn on anymore. :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate all the responses, they have been great. I am fully aware of the quirks of Rover/Jaguar as we have had several in the family throughout the years. I originally was going for a 17 but the difference in technology in the 18 in my opinion was significant, and was a great step forward for LR. I am picking it up tonight, and looking forward to my first sport. I expect some gremlins but hopefully if I have any they can get figured out sooner than later because it does look like a great new system with tons of potential.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts