RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone at 100k or more, please report in. I’m wondering how the vehicle has been in terms of reliability and overall satisfaction of ownership. Would you run it another 100k based on experience thus far?

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
910 Posts
I haven't done that in my 2017 yet but I did hit around 106k in my 2012. I know different truck and engine altogether but it goes to show that the unreliable stories aren't always the truth. Not sure if I'll hit 100 in this one if the new Defender is worth upgrading to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, welcome !

Are you looking to buy or existing owner? Good luck!

I’ve had up to 76k in the first, same specs as now, V8 dynamic package. But, yeah, 76k of virtually trouble free miles..Very surprised at the reliability of the 2014 and up L494 Range Rover Sports. I can only speak for the V8s, but the stories of god-awful reliability are way overblown.

Issues included a very common squeaky brake pedal, noisy brembo brakes (Brembos have been noisy on every brembo -equipped car I’ve owned, from Mustang to Lexus RC-F to RRover).

Both front air shocks were replaced under warranty due to a clunk/rattle. Other than that, routine maintenance, incl. tires 2 times.

I’m on no. 2 now and wouldn’t hesitate to buy again. For an SUV, this is the best I’ve found as far as fun to drive and “cool/desirability” factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am at 100k miles on my 2014 supercharged

The only issues I had, one big and one small

1.) the dynamic pump was squealing at 10k miles and replaced by dealer under warranty

2.) at 65k miles there was a rust through of a pipe that lead to the dynamic pipe - it would have been a 6500 dollar repair - argues with LR and they covered 80%

I’m 100 percent confident that issue arises from poor servicing on issue #1

Other than that, brake squeak as everyone has mentioneed, reg oil changes and tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is the squeaky brake pedal noise that you mention the same as the thread dealing with the "squeaky-creaky" pedal noise. Sounds like air rushing etc.... Did your service group have a fix for this? I have had this noise on my 2017 RRS since about 4,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Take it in. Ask, and 99% they will fix it under warranty. There have been many TSBs trying to address this issue citing various reasons. If your dealer doesn't want to fix it within warranty, go to another one.
fwiw they seem to have found a semi-permanent fix. my '17 Sport has been quiet for the past 15k miles and my '18 full size hasn't developed this issue during its 14k lifetime so far. don't put up with that horrible noise. it should be completely quiet and they can fix it.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
208 Posts
This is good to know. My lease is running out in 6 months on my 2016 V8 Dynamic. I'm at 34,000 km which is around 21,000 miles. I will be WAY under my allowance at lease end. I can buy it for 55K. They are selling for about 80K at the dealership. It's a no brainer. I have had no troubles in about 2.5 years of driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts