RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a place I could talk to about going down to 19 inch or 18 inch on a 09 HST from 20 inch wheels. The dealers tell me it can't be done. Sorry to bring this up again but this site has the most traffic for LR's

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,470 Posts
Hey Chip,

I think you were getting good advice here from TripleE and Umberto already on both sites. If you want someone to take a look at your ride personally in Colorado, give DLANE a ring on the Solihull society, as he's got an LR3 and can give you good advice/guidance in person. We didn't see any other RRS in the LR National Rally in Leadville earlier this year, and I don't see any other active RRS members in the Solihull society.

If you're looking for a good dealer which supports LR offroading, the guys in Leadville were recommending either LR Flatirons or Denver East I believe they called it, they've got quite a few guys there who frequently go off road, including the GM in a nicely equipped LR3 wrapped with all kinds of cool banners. I went to the LR Flatirons dealership while up in Colorado in July and we also ran into the GM at the top of Weston pass one day.

The rest of the information the team gave here was accurate, so I believe your choices of 19's with MTR's or Pirelli's are your best choice unless you spring for the 18 inch Compomotive wheels from the UK. Your biggest issue is going to be the HST body kit which will cost you more to repair than a few wheels I believe!

Nice that you want to offroad, great to see more RRS's going on the trail, just watch your nose and rear coming down off the rocks...but for tamer stuff, shouldn't have too much difficulty...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do that thanks. Maybe they will make those tires in the 20 inch size that I need too by next summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts