RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 LWB classic and the Air Conditioning works great but a few days ago I noticed whitish foggy mist coming from my one vent in middle and a little fogging on windows. The fogging on windows doesn't bug me as much since it is so hot and humid lately but the white mist does. Someone told me my heater core is going is this true? Or is it the air conditioning leaking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
159 Posts
I'd suggest that the heater core is a good place to start. Look also for damp/wet carpets in the footwells

If the mist smells of coolant, then it's definitely the heater core

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply haven't had it long but both side of the foorwells are wet but more from water getting in somehow probably sun roof the other thing is how hard of a job to change heater core?No smell that I know of from mist like ant-freeze but only had truck for about a week. Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
159 Posts
Hi
"normal" water leaks in that area are sunroof drains clogging, door seals, air con drains clogging and leaks around the windscreen seal.

Might be worth lifting the carpets to see where the water seems to be coming from. If it's been leaking a while, be prepared for some corrosion. When I took mine out a while back, some of the foot well came out with the carpet, but it's a simple welding job to make good as long as the tin worm hasn't spread far.

Changing the heater matrix on a hard dash means taking lots of it apart. I've heard that the soft dash like yours is easier but haven't had the experience

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had this problem once caused by icing up on the evaporator, cant remember what caused this problem though. Maybe a failed dryer causing moisture into system ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts